Ruben Hobbs

Basic Description:downloadSexuality: He's not sure

Sexuality: He's not sure. He just loves everyone but doesn't want to date. He gets hit on a lot but it just doesn't phase him, he's more of a friend guy.
Age- 17
Height- 5'11
Weight- 165 lbs
Hair- Red-Orange, Curly
Eyes- 1 Grey, 1 Brown
Features- Freckles, Chubby but Somewhat Muscly, Pale, Septum and Nipple Piercings. Has Stretch marks along chest and sides.
Birth Date- November 18th, 1985
-------------------------------
About:
Ruben is an only child, who works for Domino's after school as a pizza delivery boy.
From the moment he walks up to someone, they can tell he's...different. Maybe it's he way he fidget's, or talks really fast, or maybe it's how he forgets what he's doing halfway through. He often has to ask peoples names or the why he's there. It often has people worried or confused. Doctors diagnosed him with ADHD and short term memory loss, but it was much deeper than that.

Ruben is a medium, he had been connected to ghosts since birth. He would talk to them as a child, learning their stories and their lives. He was even able to help them move on to the next realm. He loved ghosts, and they loved him. It came with a cost though, if he spoke to ghosts for long periods of time, he would lose memories. He didn't learn how to tie his shoes until 7th grade because he kept forgetting. Because of this, he learned to document days of his life so he could go back to them later. It eventually affected his memory permanently, causing him to forget events that happened within 15-30 minutes. (Still working this out)

Ruben has lived with his aunt Catherine since he was born. His mother died moments after giving birth to him, and nobody knew his father. Sometimes he sees his mother, but she has never spoken to him or gotten too close.

He has three main friends, Marcus Cribata, Gabrielle Scott (Scotty), and Casey Gordon. (More details on them in next chapters.) Gabrielle is Ruben's best friend, having been there for him since the beginning. Their parents were close friends. Marcus started hanging out with them in 5th grade after he got into a few fights with some of the populars'. They found him crying under the slide with a black eye, so they shared their lunches with him and got him and took him to the nurse. Casey transferred to their school freshman year and got hit on by most of the guys, causing the girls of the grade to gang up on her in the bathroom. Marcus sat next to her at lunch and offered her some band aids and a cold soda, afterwards he introduced her to the guys and they became a family.
--------------------------------
Interests:
When he's not at work or talking to ghosts, he's most likely jamming out in his treehouse. He really loves music, his favorite band is a punk rock band called New Kind of Solitude. He has all of their albums on mixtapes, and he makes them for his friends when he finds some cool new songs. Every time he makes one, he doodles all over it and sometimes spells the song titles wrong or gets them mixed up, getting a laugh from his friends.

His favorite season is Autumn. He loves the the colors and the feelings that come with it. He likes carving pumpkins and dressing up, but most of all, he loves all of the new spirits he gets to meet. On halloween, it's like a football stadium of ghosts show up on his door steps. He's kind of a therapist for the dead, without the money and just for fun.

He's a big stoner. During summer before the school year started, he started working out to get rid of his weed belly. His arms and legs kind of got muscular, but he's still a little chubby.
---------------------------------
Personality:
Really sweet, loves to make people laugh or smile. He is into spooky things and has used a Ouija board many times. He's really sensitive though, he feels useless when he forgets things. He feels like a mistake, and it makes him really upset. He has a lot of burn scars on his arms and stomach from him burning himself on purpose. He wears long sleeves to cover them up though, he's been doing it since he was 10. He cares too much about others, and he trusts too easily, causing him to get hurt time and time again.

He likes to imagine and is often caught in a daze. He used to write his own songs, but stopped when Allison Clarke stole his songbook and showed it to the whole school. She had asked to come over after school, and found it under his bed while he was in the bathroom. She quickly put it in her bag, and left. The next month was a living hell for Ruben.
---------------------------------
That's all I've got for now, read if you want :p