ditm | jjk one-shot

[f/n] ~ friend's name

[y/n] ~ your name

* * *

you were walking down a particular footpath alone; the one where you met him. the thought of him made you feel regretful, depressed, a downcast. who would ever know that fate could be that crucial to set you down at this position?

you looked up, your hood lifelessly falling off your head and that simple action exposed your strawberry blonde hair which was tied up in a messy bun, and saw that the moon was vivid yet unpretentious. you examined your surroundings, bluntly recalling all the stores you used to go shop in with him. you felt like crying. even from the beginning, you knew that coming here was a terrible idea. it will just remind you of him. you pulled up your hood and started walking briskly. you were only on your way to meet an old friend, who you went to school with, besides him, of course.

eventually, you stood stationary outside the closed dance academy that you once applied with him. during that time, you didn't take notice that your relationship was evolving. until he asked you that one, life-changing question.

"will you, be my girlfriend?"

that common question changed your life and now remained in your head since you remembered it. you broke the intense stare that you took with the building and turned around. you see that old mini ice cream stall that was always waiting for you and him to come and buy some ice creams. it was still open. you walked towards the booth.

"ahjussi, why are you still open? it's already eight pm," you said, pulling off your hood.

"omo, ahjumma? long time no see! would you like to buy the usual? where's the boy? he's always with you," the elder man bombarded you with curious questions.

"ani-yo, gwenchanayo. and um, we broke up," you said, avoiding eye contact.

"omo, that's sad. you shouldn't have broken up with him, you both suit each other," he gave you his usual toothy smile.

it was him who broke up with me, you answered in thought, unwilling to blurt it out.

you bowed to show respect as you left. you wondered what was his purpose in breaking up with you– was it to protect you? for your career? you bumped into a man out of the blue.

"mianhe-" you got cut off by the calm atmosphere as you looked at the man.

"j-jungkook?" you stammered, on the verge of tears.

"[y-y/n]?" he stammered back.

you embraced each other. despite your bad luck, you met him. the love of your life. you broke the hug as you heard an unfamiliar voice squeaking behind him.

"um, jungkook? i'm still here," the girl said in a sassy and annoying tone, coming forward and tightly gripping his arm with a wide smirk.

"oh, [f/n], you remember [y/n]?" he asked with a raised brow, patently unsure.

"oh, you mean your ex-girlfriend?" [f/n] said with an evil smirk, emphasising on the last word.

"ne," you nodded.

"i'm his current girlfriend, by the way,"

you wanted to punch her. give her a black eye. murder her. no one asked what's her current status– whether she was single or not. how could you make such friends? you were so naive back then that you befriended [f/n]. a tear escaped your eye, surprising jungkook. alas, the floodgates broke free. you ran. you ran away from those monstrous humans. why were they even humans at all? what have you done to deserve this agony? you barrage yourself with unresolved questions. you wanted to die. wait, no. you wanted the world to die, before your death.