chapter 20; be more careful

"What's the problem? I had to leave my goddamn woman alone tonight, so this better be good," Lucky grunted as he walked outside to the group of men standing there

"What's the problem? I had to leave my goddamn woman alone tonight, so this better be good," Lucky grunted as he walked outside to the group of men standing there. "Yeah, what is going on?" Panther frowned, and Omen and Phantom shared a look as Phantom sighed, "follow me."

The group of men, which consisted of Omen, Lucky, Panther, Fury and Cain followed Phantom who lead them out for road in front of the clubhouse. He pointed to something on the road that made all their eyes widen.

"What is it?" Panther kneeled down. The road was spray painted red and white in circles, and Lucky's face dropped as he realised what it was, "a target."

"I told you we were fucked," Fury groaned, rubbing his face. Omen sighed, "that's not even the worst bit."

They all looked to him as he walked over to the middle of the target, and they followed, only to see a picture of Panther's face printed on it.

"What the fuck? Why me?" Panther frowned, and Omen sighed, "probably because you were the one who found me when I got stabbed, and was the one who took the delivery boy back to the clubhouse."

"Yeah, that sounds about right," Panther sighed, and Cain frowned, "What about the cameras? They must of picked something up."

Phantom shook his head, "they must of been hacked or something, cause the video jumps forwards half an hour."

"God fucking damn it," Fury grunted, "we're so fucking fucked."

"Hey," Omen glared at him, "you don't know that. We've survived worse, okay?"

"Why the fuck to the Gonzalez's want us dead?" Cain frowned, "What did we do to them?"

"We don't fucking know, okay?" Phantom snapped, "but I'll be fucked if I let them ruin this club, okay?"

Lucky nodded in agreement, "I'll get some prospects to clear this shit up. And I have a contact who might be able to fix the camera so we can see who did this."

Phantom sighed slightly, happy someone was complying and willing to help, "Okay. As for now, no one goes anywhere without me knowing. No more fucking around. We need to be more careful."

The men grunted in agreement as they all headed back into the clubhouse, most of them heading to the bar while Lucky headed back upstairs. He entered the room very quietly, taking his jacket off and throwing it onto the sofa as he walked over to the bed.

Isabella sat up the second she heard a noise, and Lucky chuckled as he sat down on his side of the bed, "I told you, you didn't have to wait for me."

"I wanted to. Why did Phantom call you out? Is something wrong?" She frowned, appraising him. He sighed, and lay down beside her after kicking his boots off, "If I tell you yes, will you just accept that and promise not to ask any more questions and not to worry?"

She bit her lip as he wrapped an arm around her and pulled her closer, "no."

"Then no. Nothings wrong," he glanced down at her as she scoffed, "liar. Why won't you tell me?"

"Cause we're handling it. And I don't want you worrying, okay?" Lucky pushed her hair back from her face as she sighed, "you promise it'll be okay?"

"It'll be rough for a while now, I won't lie to you. But we'll make it better. We've been through worse," he shrugged, kissing her forehead as he pulled her flush against him.

"Okay. I trust you," she nuzzled her face into his neck, and he smiled, both of them falling asleep like that.

-/-
vote and comment!