Be My High

'Excuse me, miss, here's your coffee.' I looked up to meet a pair of blue eyes.

I resumed scribbling on my notepad, only to be interrupted by a cough. I looked up. 'Care to make some space on your table?' The waiter asked, with a sarcastic hint to his tone.

I blushed as I scrambled to clean up the mess that was my table; papers, highlighters and staples scattered around with the occasional crumpled paperballs. 'Sorry, sorry' I mumbled, with a blush spreading across my pale face.

'The art of letting go?' The waiter asked with a chuckle, as he read off of my notepad. 'Hey buddy, do you mind?' I snapped at him.

'What crawled up her ass' The waiter muttered to himself, setting down the cup of coffee on my table.

I exhaled loudly, running a hand through my shoulder length brown hair, managing to knock my coffee cup off the table in the process. I groaned, and just sat and stared at the soaked notepad, trying not to let the tears forming in my eyes brim  over. I looked up at the sound of an annoying chuckle.

And that is when I lost my shit. 'What do you think you're laughing at? I just spent a whole fucking hour working on this stupid article, for the stupid newsletter. If I don't submit this in by 8 am, I am gonna be fired from the stupid job, by that stupid asshole, and your stupid coffee just ruined my fucking life and you're just- ugh, GOD- do you THINK I would be awake at this ungodly hour, at this cafe', because I LIKE to drink shitty coffee from shitty places with stupid stupid things and I just- I can't- " I burst into tears. Oh how graceful am I.