chapter 23; what is going on?

It was near dawn when Lucky began to move around in the bed

It was near dawn when Lucky began to move around in the bed. That in turn woke up Isabella, who was practically lying on top of him. She frowned, watching him carefully as he turned in his sleep.

They both jumped up as roars and yells were heard from outside their doors. They both yanked back the covers and ran out into the hall, bumping into Panther.

"What the hell is going on?" Lucky asked, as Panther looked at them solemnly, "Phantom, Omen and Fury went out for food supplies. They went an hour or two ago, thinking they'd be safe. Fury... he's not looking too good."

Lucky glanced to Isabella as they both ran down to the clubhouse, where everyone was yelling and in a panic. Phantom and Omen were okay, just a little roughened up, but Fury was not okay. A huge knife would was open, all along his torso and reaching to his hip.

"Where the fuck's the Doc?" Someone roared, and Panther glared at him, "Doc will be shot the second he every tries to fucking get into this compound. No, we're on our own boys."

"Fuck," Cain swore, grabbing what medical supplies they had, "Okay, our Prez and our Vice Prez are out, so everyone listens to me for now, okay? Panther, you and I have military experience. We can fix him up."

"I can't do stitches," Panther said, and Cain's face paled, "fuck."

"I can," Isabella spoke up, "I was going to university to be a doctor. I can do stitches."

"Queenie, you're brilliant," Panther sighed a sigh of relief, and she let go of Lucky's hand to go over and get a needle and thread from the first aid kit they had found.

"We've cleaned up the wound as best we can," Cain said, his sleeves rolled up and his arms bloody. "Have you disinfected it?" She asked as she thread the needle, and he nodded.

"Okay. Panther, hold his wound together," Isabella rolled her sleeves up, and Panther did as she told him to as she began to stitch him up, "because of where the knife would is, I don't think any vital organs were hit. But to be safe, I think he needs to go into hospital after this."

"No hospitals!" Phantom groaned from the sofa, "that's a brilliant way to kill him instantly."

"He needs an x-ray! He needs to be checked out by a professional medical practitioner, not a medicinal student!" Isabella yelled.

Phantom just glared at her as she went back to stitching him up, sighing in relief once the wound stopped bleeding, "there. You're going to be alright Fury. Yeah, you'll be okay."

"Nice job," Cain looked over his wound, and she nodded, "it's the least I could do. Still, the doctor needs to get here as soon as he can."

Lucky walked over to her as soon as he could, dragging her towards the kitchen so he could clean Fury's blood off of her hands. She stayed silent as she watched, before clearing her throat and asking the question that Lucky was dreading.

"Don't you think it's time to tell me what's going on?"

-/-
vote and comment!