Not Her Fault

This story tackles serious issues that are very close to my heart so I hope you guys read the story with an open mind. Feel free to discontinue reading once you feel uncomfortable, but please, respect na lang sa comments sections, okay? :)

Yes, this is for mature (minded) audience only.  And while reading, I want y'all to keep in mind that we all cope in different ways.

With that said, I hope you'll enjoy the story! 

~

To all the survivors who want to scream, who demand to be heard, who are/have been constantly ignored, don't give up. Keep shouting, keep fighting.

To all the survivors who are scared, who are terrified of judging eyes, who have no other choice but to stay quiet, don't lose your voice. It's never too late, and always remember, it was never your fault.

~

PROLOGUE

"You'll have a good time. Trust me." he whispered in my ear as he lazily stroke my thigh underneath my dress.

How did his hand even get under my dress in the first place? But I don't care. I feel happy and free. I finally feel like a grown-up!

I can't believe gumana ang fake IDs namin ni Jasmin! It's a good thing we naturally look older for our age, lalo pa at naglagay kami ng makapal na makeup.

Maybe now, my parents will finally see that I'm not a little girl anymore—that even if I'm considered as "young" by number, I already have dreams and things I'm passionate about which are much different than theirs.

I look at the guy in front of me and he's suddenly all blurry.

Lasing na ba ako? Ganito ba ang feeling na malasing? Hindi ko pa nga nauubos itong cocktail drink na binili nya para sa akin, eh!

Pero kahit na lasing ako, I still remember his name—Terrence Javier. Of course, I remember the name of the very first person who looks at me like I'm a woman worthy of his attention.

"Let's go, gorgeous."

I couldn't help the giggle that escaped from me. He called me gorgeous!

Pero teka lang, nandito ang bestfriend ko at ayoko namang iwan na lang siya basta, when, in the first place, ako ang nagpumilit sa kanya na samahan ako dito.