The Knight Brothers

Preface

My family has always been average. Nothing special; just you normal dad, mom, daughter, and son. I, Anastacia Rose King, was seven and my brother, Brandon Sky King, was five. Both my parents, William and Lilly king, were twenty-six. I can only remember bits and peices from the accident, but I think we were going swimming. We had our towels, bathing suits, sunscreen, and our big red beach ball all packed and ready. We all hopped in our old light blue volkswagon; we were so excited! Before we left though I had an idea. I thought it would just make my mommy and daddy's day if I presented them with a present, so I quietly slipped out of the car to grab them my favorite Teddy bear, Sir Fuz. I had to be as fast as the speed of light in order to get him and still get back to the car before my beloved family departed. I dashed upstairs to my perfectly disney decorated room to find my beloved snugly companion. He was in my bed next to my Monsters Inc monsters. I still had to be fast so I grabbed him and put him under my arm ready to run again. I had just got out the door when they had just backed out of our driveway. My heart was pounding a thousand miles an hour. Everything suddenly turned slow motion. Just then my little brother as if he had read my slow turning mind looked at and shed a single tear. I was so confused. Then as if on instinct my mother saw me in the rearview mirror and commanded my whole-hearted long haired daddy to stop the vihicle this instant! He did and then they both dashed for me. They reached me and I felt myself being pulled into an air sucking hug. In that moment I felt completely at peace with myself and the world.

It seemed as though everything was going to be fine; it was going to be a perfect day. When we got to the beach we had a beautiful time. After we were driving in the car, it was 7:10 on a Saturday. We were all pretty tired especially my funny business lady mother. This is where things started to get hazy. Cars flew by us, but when we were on the highway I started seeing a very bright light. Shortly after that I heard a crunch, then I heard and saw nothing. Nothing. Nothing.....