Raspberry Warheads and Cigarettes

Richie put his truck in park as he slid into the Kaspbraks driveway. He finished the cigarette he was smoking and threw the butt out towards the street, knowing Mrs. K would be even more furious with the curly headed boy if she found it in her yard or driveway. He got out and slowly walked up to the shorter boys house, taking a stick of mint gum from his 4 packs in his pocket and shoving it in his mouth. Eddie would complain about how he smelled of tobacco if he didnt. And he always carried gum these days. It was his obsession.

He climbed the porch steps and walked up to the door, gently tapping three times, as he did every other morning. But this morning was not like any other morning. He waited for the other boy for a moment, rocking back and forth from his heels to his toes. Eddie opened the door a few seconds later, yelling something to his insufferable mother. He took a breath after closing the door and Richie watched as he visably calmed himself.

"Morning Rich." Eddie said and smiled the best he could as he began walking towards the driveway. Richie smiled back and began walking off the porch, following Eddie.

"Good morning to you, too, Eds. Your mother being as intolerable as ever? Or were you two getting into an argument over how much she's been sleeping with m-" Richie wasn't able to finish his joke about Eddie's mother, because Eddie stuck his arm out and smacked his chest hard.

"Rich dont even think about finishing that joke. My mother is as she always is. And no, she WASNT asking about you." He smirked when he saw the fake dejected look on Richie's face.

"Oh the HORROR, I really thought we had a connection last week when she caught me sneaking into your room to get my jacket back." Eddie just laughed and walked to the other side of the truck, Richie walking to the drivers side. He jumped in and turned the truck back on, rolling the window down and unlocking Eddie's door. He began to feel nervous as he felt the hard case in his back pocket. Today was the day, now or never.

Eddie scowled as he opened the door to Richie's old beat up truck. The seat, floorboards, and the glove box were over flowing with mixtapes. Eddie had asked a hundred times if he could please make an effort to clean a spot for him before he picked him up. Richie just laughed and said 'Whatever you say, Spaghetti Man.'

Eddie took his arm and swiped all of the mixtapes onto the floor with the others, closing the glovebox the best he could. After he was in and buckled he turned to look at Richie. Richie looked nervous about something, but he smiled and lightened his mood when he caught Eddie's gaze.

"How many tapes do you even NEED Rich? You cant possibly LIKE this many bands!" Eddie gestured to all of the tapes as he spoke. Richie just laughed and hesitantly pulled another one from his back pants pocket. He held it in his hands for a moment, staring quietly down at it before pushing it into the cassette reader and tossing the case at Eddie. Eddie rolled his eyes and turned the cassette case over to read the track list.

Side One:
Weezer // Across The Sea
Sinead O'Connor // Nothing Compares 2 U
Nirvana // Heart Shaped Box
Elton John // Can You Feel The Love Tonight
The Cure // Halo
Tesla // Love Song
Toto // Rosanna
Mazzy Star // Fade Into You
Motley Crue // Home Sweet Home
Kiss // Forever
Foreigner // I Wanna Know What Love Is
The Lemonheads // Into Your Arms
Sublime // What I Got
Guns N Roses // Patience
UB40 // I Cant Help Falling In Love With You

Side Two:
Motley Crue // If I Die Tomorrow
The Cure // Friday Im In Love
Smashing Pumpkins // Drown
The Verve // Bittersweet Symphony
Pearl Jam // Yellow Ledbetter
The Goo Goo Dolls // Iris
Weezer // Buddy Holly
The La's // There She Goes
Nirvana // About A Girl
Savage Garden // Truly Madly Deeply
Guns N Roses // Sweet Child o Mine
Poison // Every Rose Has Its Thorn
Depeche Mode // Enjoy The Silence
Oasis // Wonderwall
Aerosmith // Dont Wanna Miss A Thing