Chapter One

Aaliyah's POV
It was the first day of high school. I was so nervous to go into a new school and meet new people. The town I lived in was small, but there was still so many people to meet.

"Hurry up Aaliyah! You're gonna be late if you don't get your shit together!" my mother yelled.
"I'm coming mother, I'm just grabbing my backpack" I replied back. My mom might have been the hardest parent in Derry, she was always yelling and was sometimes quite abusive. I was miserable living with her, but she meant well, so I stuck around. You see, my dad left us when I was five years old. That's right. Five. Imagine your dad going away when you needed him the most. I haven't heard from him since. I'm over it though, he's just a low life dick. Anyways, him leaving kinda made my mom insane. Then she got into drugs and she's a total addict now. Even if I wanted to leave her, I'd have no where to go. I understand what my moms going through, but I really don't see why she has to take it out on me. Not gonna complain to her though, I'll get beat.

I get into the passenger seat of the car while my mom turns on the engine.
"Shit." I hear her whisper under her breath.
"What?" I say, concerned.
"We're out of fucking gas. Looks like you're walking to school." She says back.
"Okay mom" I say. I get out of the car while my mom pulls out a cigarette.
"Well, bye mom. Love you"
"Bye kid, come home right after school don't go fooling around with anyone." She says. I nod my head and begin to walk to school. I'm gonna be late. The school was pretty far. But at this point I didn't care. I just couldn't wait to meet new people and make new friends.

I finally make it to the school.
"Here I go" I whisper to myself. Luckily the bell hasn't rang yet, so I have some time to look for my friends from junior high. I look around and spot my friend Kaitlyn. She was standing with a group of people I've never seen before.
"OH MY GOSH KATY!" I screamed. Everyone called her Katy for short, it was just easier. I run up to her and go in for the biggest hug of my life. You know she was special, she was my best friend. When I went to hug her, she rejected it.
"What the hell are you wearing, Aly" she said. My friends called me Aly for short, it made me feel more comfortable.
"What do you mean? I always wear outfits like this" I exclaimed. I was wearing jeans and a T shirt with some sneakers. My hair was down and I had put on the tiniest bit of make up.
"Well, you look disgusting. If you wanna hang out with me and my other friends. You need to start dressing appropriately. See, what I'm wearing is exactly what fits in this group. Shouldn't you be taking notes?" She said. She was wearing a mini skirt and a tight see through shirt. Her hair was down and curled and she was wearing loads of make up with some huge hoop earrings. She'd never worn something like this before. I'm not saying she's a slut, but she looked pretty slutty to me.
"K-kaitlyn I-uh"
"Can it, dim wad. Don't talk to me again until you decide to change your wardrobe completely." She says as she smacks her bubble gum. She flips her hair and walks away with her group of friends. It's like they were a wolf pack. Waiting to attack all its prey. I was terrified of high school now. There has to be plenty of people like her. *DINGGGG* There's the Bell. My first day of high school has officially begun.

I walk towards my locker. Two days before school had started there had been a tour for freshman. During that tour, we got our books and our locker combinations. I put in my combination *6-22-22-40*. I pop my locker open, and put my books inside. My first period was math, so I kept my math book in my hand. As I'm doing this I say to myself, "shit. Katy was really my only friend. All my others forgot about me or got homeschooled." I really was fucked. I had no one. I turn around while holding my book and I bump into a freshman passing by. He had a bunch of papers in his hand. Some of them were titled "5 KIDS GONE MISSING, 1986 TOWN OF DERRY"
"Oh my gosh! I am so so sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going I-uh," I start to say.
"Don't worry about it, I wasn't looking either." He interrupts me. I help him pick up all his papers then we both look at each other. I don't know who this kid is, but damn. He was so cute. He had big round glasses on and he had black curly ish hair.
"Uhh- I-Im Richie" he says as we both stand back up.
"Oh uh, I'm Aaliyah, but most people call me Aly." I say with a smile.
"Oh well hey Aly, are you headed to math" Richie says.
"Oh uh yea..yeah!" I say back.
"Oh well me too! Wanna walk there together?" He says with soft eyes.
"Sure!" I say with excitement. So we walk down the hall, make a right, and enter our math class room. We smile at each other and then take our seats. The bell rings and our first class begins.