Chapter 1

Chapter 1

My mother woke me up to tell me that her and dad were leaving for a year. Just like that. I knew that they didn't love me enough to stay so it wasn't a suprise. They were travelling. They told me I was a mistake and they didn't want children, they had me when they were 15. I said goodbye to them but they didn't care, they weren't emotional either. I decided to stay up until it was time to get up usually for school.

I acted like I didn't care, I dressed casually and I put on a brave face. I had a group of friends that I met with every day and had lunch with them; Rose, Nicole, Brett, James and Brandon. Our group was the popular group, everyone liked us but Brett, James and Brandon were all the biggest players, especially James.

'Hey Winter! Parents went away yet?' Brandon asked, walking with me to my locker.

'Yep, they left this morning, but i don't care, as usual.' I laughed, I actually didn't though, that was the thing. The bell rung and I walked with Brandon to English. As soon as we entered, a fake blonde was all over him.

'Hey baby, last night was great, did you...' I smirked and rolled my eyes and went and sat down at my place. Brandon came and sat down next to me shortly after.

'Hey baby!' I mocked, flicking my dyed cherry red loose curls over my shoulder overdramatically and fluttering my eyes.

'Emily is so annoying.' Brandon moaned. 'I really need someone who isn't some blonde bimbo that is extremely annoying,'

'Did Brandon Smith just say he wanted a girlfriend?' I looked shocked but I didn't feel it, Brandon was sweet like that but he only followed Brett and James because he had to.

He laughed, 'Yes, I have a date with this cute brunette tonight...'

Our teacher came in to start the lesson just then, I thought about my date tonight with Jack.

-

I was the last to sit down with my lunch that day, my pizza and fries was something I had been waiting for.

'How do you eat so much and never get fat?' Rose asked, looking insanely jealous.

'It's the way I was born!' I winked at her.

'You'd better not put that on for your big date tonight!' She nudged me, laughing.

'What date?' James asked, winking like he thought I was going to do something.

'Jack Redding,' I replied, waiting for the huge deal. It didn't come.

'Great,' Brett said coldly but playfully, I had to play along.

'Is Brett jealous I have a date and he hasn't?' I teased him.

'Brett is jealous,' Brett groaned overdramatically.

'I'm going to act like your brother tonight, i'll come round at 5 o'clock, okay?' James grinned, he was like a brother to me, I did almost everything with him and he always protected me.

'Haha, very funny, but as usual, of course you can.' I smiled, a bit grateful and a bit nervous.