I'm Sorry I Can't Love You - Tao

Life is as usual for an eighteen years old Minyoung until she realized something that she had never thought of. She was well aware of how she looked like but she could not give a damn about it. She thought that as long as you have a good personality then it beats everything. It was until that certain day in school which was just like a typical school day but something unfortunate happened on Minyoung.

"Boo!" Baekhyun jumped out of nowhere and scared Minyoung by tapping on her shoulder.

"Yah! Byun Baekhyun! I got a heart attack you know?" Minyoung exclaimed.

"Opps, sorry. I didn't know you've got a heart attack? Since when huh? Mehrong" Baekhyun replied teasingly and stuck out his tongue.

As usual, they just stared at each other and laughed shortly afterwards. Laughter quickly filled the whole corridor. Baekhyun was always Minyoung's crush ever since elementary school as he had helped her once that time. That one time is enough for Minyoung to fall head over heels for him.

It happened when Minyoung was still newly transferred to their elementary school. As she was still young she never took studies seriously. She would always daydream or sleep through her classes especially during the Math lesson. Until one day when she was caught by her teacher then something changed her life.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Kim Minyoung!" the Math teacher yelled.

The voice of her teacher traveled from the front of the classroom into the ears of Minyoung who was sitting right at the back, daydreaming. That loud voice pierced through Minyoung's ears like a wake up call for her.

"Ah yes, yes Mrs. Park," Minyoung answered softly.

"You looked like you know a lot so please explain to us on how to solve this question," Mrs. Park demanded.

"Uhh.. Umm.." these are the only words Minyoung could thought of.

"Shit! I'm so dead. Ahh so embarrass." Minyoung thought.

Suddenly, someone who sat in front of her raised his hand.

"Mrs. Park, can I answer for her? Please give me a chance," Baekhyun begged.

"Okay, I'll let Minyoung off this time," everyone's attention including Minyoung's turned to Baekhyun.

Once Baekhyun started his explanation his gesture immediately captured Minyoung's heart. For some reason Baekhyun's rough voice turn into soft honey coated voice in her ears. The way Baekhyun moved his fingers and hands around and the way he frowned his eyebrows had caused Minyoung to have a little moment crush on him as those actions were extremely attractive.

"Hey, thank you!" Minyoung walked towards Baekhyun with blushing cheeks as soon as the lesson is over.

"Small matters," Baekhyun said with a smile, "I guess you need to know more about our school and teachers. Your behavior just now will get you into trouble easily," he continued.

"Well, I guess studies is just not my style," Minyoung said shyly.

"Hey! Don't say that!" A girl voice came from the back.

"Oh heyyyyy Eunnnnjiiiww yah!" Baekhyun's voice totally changed and he spoke with extra aegyo.

"He must be trying to flirt you right? Don't bother about him, let's go for lunch together. I will tell you more about us," Eunji focused on Minyoung instead of answering to Baekhyun.

"Yah no. Eunji it's totally nothing like what you think!" Baekhyun tried to explain but only to be left behind of the two girls who strolled away with arms linked together.

This was how their friendship started and how Minyoung's life changed with these two 'buddies' in her life.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Hey, Eunnnnjiwww yah!" the similar greetings from Baekhyun was heard once again.

Baekhyun's attention immediately turned to Eunji and stop talking to Minyoung. He rushed over and clung on Eunji like a little kid.

"Yah yah! What's wrong with you?" Eunji was surprised by Baekhyun's action.

"Ahem!" Baekhyun clear his throat and his facial expression suddenly turned serious.

Minyoung giggled a bit at the sudden change of Baekhyun's facial expression in a split second and thought that he was still cute no matter how serious he looked.

"Eunji, you know today is valentine day right and this year is also the year we turn eighteen so I wanted to.." Baekhyun stopped and hesitated.

"Wanted to what?" Eunji asked wishing for Baekhyun to complete his sentence. However there's no answer.

"If you're not going to say then I'm leaving, I have a date with my mum," Eunji said while approaching the nearest staircase with Minyoung.

"Can you be mine?!" Baekhyun exclaimed afraid that Eunji would leave before his gathered courage gone to a waste.

At that moment, Minyoung's heart stopped a beat. She felt like her heart had sunken to a bottomless pit. Sadness was like a sharp knife piercing through her heart stabbing and slashing it for a several times. Tears brimmed her eyes and threatened to fall at the slightest move of her. She began to feel a lump forming in her throat. She wanted to cry but she could not as Baekhyun and Eunji was still around her.

"Oh umm.. Eunji, I'll take my leave first. You will talk to him okay? Good luck." Minyoung quickly got an excuse and left with a sour wishing.

Many kinds of thought filled Minyoung's mind. After a long walk, she finally reached home. She finally allowed her tears to fall and she cried her heart out once she was in her room. Her heart felt both sour and painful. She thought she could get the pain away by crying however to no avail the pain just got worst and never seemed to cease. Moreover, Minyoung had liked him for like so many years.

"Why didn't he like me? I thought we stuck together like 24/7? I thought we were always by each other side no matter during the hard or the happy times? I don't understand. He had always taken care of me and treated me so well. Why?" Minyoung asked herself as she sat up on her bed.

Suddenly she saw an ugly and fat reflection of her in the mirror. That moment, she finally realized it was not Baekhyun's fault that he chose Eunji over her. It was her fault. She was ugly and yet she did nothing to change. Of course, no one would ever like an ugly person. Her self esteem literally just when from like 100% to 0% just because of Byun Baekhyun.

The more she looked at her own reflection the more she hated herself.

"Why?! Why am I like that? I want to change. I want everyone to like me. I want Baekhyun to like me. Who is there to help me? It's not like I had never tried before. I failed. I'm so useless. Someone please help me!" Minyoung cries while grabbing onto her painful chest.

"Shut up, woman! Stop giving yourself excuses. Stand up!" A voice demanded.