Chapter one: The Enchanted Forest

As the tortoiseshell mef'wa, Anu, walked through the forbidden enchanted forest, she heard a rustling in the undergrowth behind her.

Being the curious cat she was, she slowly turned around, only to face a green coloured pixie, matching the color of the forest. The fairy moved her small hand, motioning for Anu to follow her.

I wonder where this colorful pixie is leading me to. Anu wondered, questions swirling in her mind like annoying flies. "W-where are you leading m-me t-to?" Anu stuttered, her annoying shyness seemed to copy her thoughts as her ice - blue eyes sparkled with wonder.

    Maybe she knows my mother! The black and orange mef'wa thought, She could take me to her and we could be happy again!

Suddenly she realized she had just asked a question. Jumping back to reality like a fish back into water, the pixie made a jingling noise, like ones from bells on a cold, winter day. And that seemed to be the only response Anu could revive from the fairy.

As the young, shy, red-headed mef'wa stumbled through the forest, falling in step with the small creature, she smelled the sweet scent of mint coming from the soon-to-be friend.

Once their destination was reached, they listened to the crashing of waves from the tall blue waterfall standing above them.

        "M-May I a-ask, what's y-your name?" Anu nervously muttered, her tail tip twitching with fear. But to the Mef'wa's surprise, she heard a clear response over the massive waterfall, "Mele." The pixie whispered, "Come with me and see the potential of your powers."