Grackle Feather

I don't know if it's because I am without sleep, but I feel a weight in the room. The handle to my closet is heavy. The window next to me is heavy. The doors are heavy as they slide against the ground. There's a silence that is so loud, my heart doesn't stand a chance. The silence screams like sirens, bursting within these walls. My breath stays steady, my eyelids flutter like wings. Eyelashes brushing against my cheeks, tickling like Dove feathers. I imagine rippling water filling the room up to the ceiling, and a light at the bottom. I swim towards it and become the light, as I tilt my head back, my spine arching, my arms opening up and leaving the light to burn a hole through my chest and outward. I scream aloud as it tears through me, my fingers open wide, my hair floating in different directions. I am the light. I consume the darkness. I am hallow until the rays swallow me whole, leaving nothing of my soul. I am a soldier to this light, but surely enough, my willpower will weep like a rose.

I don't know if it's because I am without sleep, but I feel a weight in the room. The handle to my closet is heavy. The window next to me is heavy. The doors are heavy as they slide against the ground. There's a silence that is so loud, my heart doesn't stand a chance. The silence screams like sirens, bursting within these walls. My breath is shaky, my eyelids drip milk tears. Eyelashes brushing against my cheek bones, tickling like Grackle feathers. I imagine rippling water filling the room up to the ceiling, and black oil at the bottom. I swim towards it and become the darkness, as I tilt my head back, my spine arching, my arms opening up and allowing the darkness to captivate me. I choke on the oil, as it seeps into my skin, my fingers open wide, my hair becoming liquid. I am the dark. I consume the light. I am hollow until the blackness swallows me whole, leaving nothing of my soul. I am a soldier to my own darkness, though I was once a soldier to the light.

2:00 AM - 5/21/2014

(Side note. This literally only took me about 20 to 30 minutes to write and edit. I just started typing and then.. Well... There it is. Tell me if you want me to continue writing things like this? Should I call it poetry or just venting? xxx) (Another side note. This is dedicated to a wild baby bird I named Cry. RIP)