i.

"Alex! Alex wake up, we need to go to the airport!"

I woke up to the sound of my sister chirping my name at 6 in the morning. Adelaide was the only person I've ever known that would be this happy about waking up at the ass crack of dawn to uproot herself and her younger sister for the fifth time in three years. Hell, she was the only person I knew to be happy at the ass crack of dawn, period. But then again I don't suppose that means much, seeing as I couldn't hold a stable relationship, platonic or otherwise, due to Addy and I constantly moving. Ever since mom and daddy died, it had been just us two.  

"Shit, Addy, its not even light out yet! Why'd you have to book the flight this early?" I grumbled, rolling my sleep-deprived body out of the rock hard hotel bed. I knew the answer of course, but it was still a legitimate question. "Because, Alexandra, I need to start planning the wedding," she replied dreamily. I cringed at her use of my whole first name and then rolled my eyes. Addy had somehow managed to snag a total hottie, and a successful one at that. Issac Phillips, also known as my sisters fiance, was a cofounder of some record label I'd never even heard of, based in his homeland of Australia. 

Don't get me wrong, I was totally stoked that my sister is happy and is settling down, but I hate moving. Plus I was totally bugging out. I mulled over everything as I got ready, thinking about the immense jet lag I'd have once we landed, picturing what Isaac's house would be like, and how I'd soon have to find a new job. Isaac, being the amazing Aussie he is, said I could try being part of the company in some way, but if I declined his offer, he said he wouldnt harbor any hard feelings. I was actually trying to get into the music scene somehow, and hid my excitement very well when he offered me a yet-to-be-determined position working under him. 

I was soon to be living the dream.