Prologue

Imagine if you changed your appearance slightly just for one memorable night

Imagine if you changed your appearance slightly just for one memorable night. An evening where you got all the attention that you never had, you could say I was the bell of the ball but I just wanted to keep myself in a hidden disguise. It all changed when I found out the boy I spent my enchanted night with just so happened to be the boy I was helping out with his media studies documentary. Do I tell him it was me?

This is the exclusive scoop of my masquerade night and maybe more...

* * * * * * *

I stepped out the car, placing the soles of my feet on the fine gravel stones. Carefully placing my bag of books on the floor and my laptop satchel over my shoulder, I lifted my head to be welcomed back by the same old fashioned building I've arrived at for the past couple of years. If you were staring at the building with me it would remind you of Hogwarts castle (apart from it's not a castle and nothings magical about it, unless you count when I put my fairy lights in my dorm room) so I guess it's just a large building then.

The buzz of chatter from the crowd of other students greeted me back to good old college, when suddenly my dad's voice interrupted my thoughts of being back here.

"Have you got all your belongings from the back of the car?" My dad asked while he shut the front door of the car.

"Not yet, I need to grab my suitcase. Can you grab it for me?" I responded while tying one of my black brogue laces that became loose. I heard my dad starting to haul my suitcase out of the boot of the car, when finally he settled it on the gravel stones he let out a big huff.

"What on earth have you got in that suitcase? It weighs a tonne, I'm surprised it's not bursting at the seams!" Dad commented, swinging his hand to get it back to life. I rolled my eyes, doesn't he know I need a fair amount of clothes, shoes, books, room décor, not to mention lots of supplies for 10 months or so of college.

"I need a lot of bits and bobs, dad! Remember I'm not living at home, I need to make sure I have everything with me. It could be crucial!" I respond giving him a light push on his shoulder. The next thing I knew was my mum was getting out of the car to see what was taking so long.

"Is everything okay?" My mum questioned.

"Everything is good, dad was just recovering from the heaviness of my suitcase. I was just about to come and say goodbye to you." I smiled, giving her a hug. You are probably wondering why my mum seems so abrupt, well today hasn't been exactly the best day to travel back to college as both my parents have an important meeting about their business that they cannot miss. My dad is a much laid back man which means he's not always on the ball with timekeeping, so I've got used to the fact that my mum sometimes slips in subtle reminders. I then walked back over to my dad to say goodbye and also gave him a quick hug.

"We will see you soon, any problems you know you can always give us a call." Mum reassured me while winding the car window back up and giving me a wave. I stood in the same spot until they drove off in the distance of the campus, I picked up my bag of books and hauled my suitcase all the way to my dorm room that had been completely abandoned from last year. I pushed open the door to see I was the first one back, so I decided to make the most of this time to make my dorm room back to the homey feeling again because right now it had a freaky essence. I opened my suitcase to firstly find my fairy lights to hang from the shelfs and to thread through my bed headboard, for me this is step one to vanish my homesickness as there is nothing better than warm white lights filling the whole room. After an hour and a half of emptying my case full of belongings, my side of the room looked pretty cosy whereas the other side was bare, dull and had no personality to it. Elise my roommate still hadn't arrived which worried me, she's always been here before me, has something happened to her? As soon as more ghastly ideas circled in my mind the door flies open.

"Elise!" I run from my bed to the door to help when I noticed this girl with long chestnut hair wasn't Elise at all. The unfamiliar girl lifted her head up to look at me, her skin was tanned, she had an amazing sense of style and her make-up was flawless.

"Oh sorry, I wasn't expecting anyone new. Has roommates changed?" I asked politely adding a smile.

N/A - I know that this part may seem a bit short, though I think it was the best place to stop to give a little cliff hanger! I would like to say a big thank you to @-ichor who designed the cover for this story. Please leave your comments below as I REALLY appreciate them, if you like it please also don't forget to vote.

 Please leave your comments below as I REALLY appreciate them, if you like it please also don't forget to vote