memories

Papyrus's POV

It was like every other day , me and Undyne were walking home from school , laughing and play fighting. She had to be careful , as I'm a skeleton so my physical form is very fragile , but she didn't mind.

She was my best friend. My life. But that all changed. We had started arguing more often , mainly because of me..

I wanted to be as great a fighter as her , begging her to let me train along side her. But of course she said no. "It's too dangerous for a skeleton to join the royal guard , so what would be the point in training?"

I'd beg. Trying to persuade her that I was strong. But it never worked. And it made me get frustrated and yell at her. She , being a hot headed warrior fish , grew infuriated and pulled out her spear , clearly ready to attack. She stared at me , her eyes bright red with anger and annoyance.

I stumbled back and onto the ground, tripping over my long scarlet scarf that had been given to me by my mother. I stared up in fear as she raised her weapon getting in position to do real damage. "U-UNDYNE...I-IM SORRY.. PLEASE...I DIDN'T MEAN TO UPSET YOU.."

As she thrust her illuminated blue spear down , I used what little magic I had to rise a blue bone barrier , as it rose her spear managed to smash into my wrist bone , breaking it in multiple places. I heard a screech from Undyne as she flew backwards , having been hit by my bones.

As I glanced up, my eyes filled with tears from the agony of my wrist. I noticed Undyne was clutching her eye , screening out. I wanted to help her , but I was pinned under the spear.

After what felt like forever , Undyne ran off , clutching her eye and leaving a small bloody trail behind her. I was alone , and it was her fault.

It would be another hour before my father found me whilst looking for sans.