1

"a short while later both boys fell asleep. behind them the sky had turned dark, and for the first time in over a hundred years, a drop of rain fell into the empty lake."

six years later.....

It's Zero's 18th birthday, so I planned a trip for us to hang out today. After all, we've been dating for 5 years now, and we've practically never left each other's sides after being released from Green Lake. Zero insisted we go on a 'mall adventure' today, because he's so childish and tiny. I agreed, taking in how cute he is and how lucky I am to have him.

Immediately upon arriving, Zero begged to get Starbucks, and I reluctantly agreed, because not even I can resist Zero's puppy dog eyes. Plus, I love a good macchiato. We walked into the coffee shop, hand in hand, the fluorescent lights accentuating my ripped white jeans. The inviting scent of lavender and coffee beans was pleasant, and the warmth of the shop was drastically different from the cold October weather.

Taking in the atmosphere, Zero decided on a Pink Drink, while I just went with a caramel macchiato. Satisfied, we paid and exited, eager to explore the rest of the mall.

As we strolled around the mall, we passed Forever21. I knew what was coming, and braced for impact. Zero screamed and ran in, not even bothered by the fact that he left me behind. I chuckled, slightly offended, but I took this opportunity to go into Kay Jewelers, and buy what I've wanted to get for him for the past 4 years. I selected a very shiny 8-karat diamond ring. I payed, slid the box into my pocket, and stroller into Forever21 to see what Zero was going to buy.

I walked to the back of the store to see that he had picked out a pair of light wash overalls and a yellow collared shirt. At this point I was 1000% certain that I wanted to marry Hector Zeroni.

He got up to the counter to pay, and began taking out his wallet. I stopped him, "I got it sweetheart, it's your birthday after all." He blushed. "Thank you!" he cheered. After leaving, I asked Zero where he wanted to go to eat. Taking his sweet time, he finally decided to go to Olive Garden. I happily agreed, holding his hand on the way there.

When we walked in, we were greeted by the dim lights and crowded restaurant. 'The perfect place to pop the question,' I thought nervously. In about fifteen minutes, we were seated and our waiter had arrived at our table and taken our orders. We were having a great time, laughing, chatting.

The night started winding down. I gulped. 'Here goes nothing.'
——————————————
i edited it so it sux a bit less now! i'm not really proud of how i rushed the story, but i may fix it once i finish the book, ty for reading!