Excerpts From The Magician's Handbook

//This will help if you with some terms and concepts. Please let me know if I missed something, or if something is confusing.//

There are four tiers of magic that can be preformed by any magician legally, and three that are illegal. Most practicing magicians will attend a school that specializes in either light and dark, or elemental magic. The students will be paired with a familiar in their first week of highschool, which will stay with them for the rest of their lives. Familiars live off the life force of their witch, so they will live as long as their companion baring any accidents. The familiars usually choose their companion, not the other way around.

Legal Magics (by least difficult to most)

Light magic: includes "cupid" spells like love potions, and minor feature altering (hair color and eye color changes etc.). "Seer" spells like fortune telling, shrinking and growing, and truth serums. Things that can be made through chemistry-like formulations.

Elemental magic: involves any kind of elemental manipulation revolving around Earth, Fire, Air, Water, Spiritual energy, and Metals. Minor healing is also included in this category. Most magicians that practice this magic ONLY practice this magic to maintain their energy purity.

Dark Magic: includes the manipulation of pure energy elements: The seeing and manipulating auras, heat, cold, teleportation, telepathy, portals and translocation etc. Stronger forms of light magic are in this category, and advanced healing spells (like re-growing an arm). It does NOT include necromancy.

Cubic Magic: The drawing of circles and diagrams with magical properties to help cross into different sections of magic. For example, a Light Magic magician can use a circle to use some magic in the Dark Magic category, such as setting up a fixed spot to be used as a portal. It is a limited, and the newest magic art. Not many magicians specialize in them. They can only be used to fix spells to a certain place if they are to be used more than once. Pure elemental spells cannot be activated using a circle unless the magician is already an elemental magician.Advanced Cubic Magic can be used for fixed spells, like teleportation, protection, and portals.

Illegal Magics

Death Magic: Any type of magic that goes further than communication with the dead. Necromancy, astral projection, and any curse that would lead to instant death.

Possession magic: any type of possession, coercion, or demon communication and manipulation.

Hexation: The illegal side to cubic magic. Used to curse a person, place, or family with long lasting effects. Most of the time requires the circle, or charm to be placed directly on it's target. Does not include instant death curses.

Marking Spells

Markings spells create coven marks to show an individual belongs to a powerful family, or a coven. In order to be sure the person being Marked is joining the group willingingly, the spell was formulated to be a battle of wills. If a person is being Marked against their will, they can fight the will of the person Marking them to minimize the Mark's influence. The only way to remove a Mark is with the Marking wand that created it in the first place. All legal Marking wands are archived in the council building for safe gaurding.

Marking spells are separated into two main phases, each with two steps.

Phase 1: Bonding

Part 1) The Marker decides were the Mark will go, and sends that information into the Marking wand and a black outline is sent to that location. This allows other Marked members of the coven to sense the general location of the person Marked.

Part 2) The rest of the colors are filled into the mark, allowing the bond of the coven to solidify. The coven member's magical energy can now be shared with other Marked members.

Phase 2: Scarring

Part 1) The first half of the scarring ensures that the Mark colors will not fade over time without the use of the Marking wand.

Part 2) The second half outlines the mark in scar tissue that cannot be removed without the Marking wand used to create it. The Marked member can now sense the location of other members of the coven.

Above are a coven Mark, and a finder hex (finder's mark) for a necromancy coven

Above is the commonly used chart of Aura colors

Above is the commonly used chart of Aura colors. (I got it off google)