chapter 30; i owe you

"Why doesn't Phantom like me?"

Lucky was sitting on the bed on his laptop when Isabella came out of the shower. He looked up to see her in his shirt and drying her hair with a towel. He sighed, putting his laptop to the side.

"Phantom... he's very closed off. But he loves this club, he's gotten us through everything. He's just stubborn. He'll come to his senses," Lucky watched her as she walked over to the bed.

"I guess," she sighed, and he manoeuvred himself so he was sitting at the end of the bed, "come here."

Isabella furrowed her brow but walked over to him. She gasped in surprise as he pulled her down onto his lap, reaching for the hair brush on the side table. He brushed her long blonde hair carefully, pulling it so the side so he could plant a small kiss on her shoulder where his shirt was slipping off.

"Don't you worry your pretty little head about that," he hummed, putting the brush down and pulling her hair gently into a braid, "I've got it under control. Do you trust me?"

"Stupid question. Of course I do," Isabella muttered as he tied her hair up. He rested his hand on the back of her neck, pulling her down into a slow kiss. She kissed him back, before pulling back and resting her forehead against his, "I love you."

"I love you too," Lucky kissed her forehead. She snuggled into him, and they both looked up as the door opened. Fury was standing in the door way, and Lucky's eyes widened as he sat Isabella down on the bed, walking over to the man and giving him a bear hug, "you're back on your feet?"

"Seems like it," Fury chuckled, patting the man's back, "I actually came to see your girl. Omen told me she saved my life."

Both men looked over to Isabella, who fidgeted as she spoke timidly, "hi."

Fury hummed, "you stitched me up?"

"Yeah," she nodded, and he raised an eyebrow, "how does a pretty girl like you know how to stitch someone up?"

"I'm going to university, studying medicine," she shrugged, "I wanna be a doctor. I only have another year to do in university, but I'll start next semester, when I get a loan."

Fury nodded, smiling over at her, "I owe you, Queenie."

He left before she could say anything, and Lucky smiled, "this is good. If Fury likes you, then you're staying no matter what Phantom says."

"I was staying regardless," she smiled, and Lucky grinned as she kissed him deeply.

-/-
vote and comment!