Undeniable Attraction

• Dedicated to Charity Mundoga

UNDENIABLE ATTRACTION

BY TAFADZWA JOKONYA

FIRST CHAPTER: (not edited)

I had failed my learners licence again, tough, third time in a month, how am i going to tell David...i thought as i exited the building housing the Vehicle inspection department. "Great" he was already parked in the lot waiting for me a frown on his face " what happened this time " he says. "i don't know", tears nearly blinding me. "crap how many times have i told you that this is the only F*** easiest test in the entire universe",you do not pay attention and i am losing a lot of money for this, Better get a retest  tomorrow cause am leaving next week and you need that licence."

With that he started the car and left the parking lot. i felt my whole world darkening why did i have to feel this way when i am around him , he is my husband for crying out loud.

I had  been married to David for five years and everything was rosy until he got this new job. He was now away from home so many times and it was really getting harder for me to move around hence the need for a drivers licence.We had two daughters Chloe 4 and Carla 2, they really meant the world two me ...i sighed as i looked out through the window . David never said a word to me throughout the ride home. The situation between us was really becoming tense with each passing day and today was one of those. Our intimate life was now a thing of the past nomatter how hard i tried to flirt around it seems he never noticed or rather he never cared...i quickly discraded that thought as David was pulling into the garage

"Mommy, mommy" Chloe shouted from the window

Carla mummy is here, she ran down the porch and flew her arms around my waist as i was getting out of the car.

Maggie our house help came to the verandah holding a shrieking Carla, mommy,mommy, reaching out her hands for David to take her.

"Hello sweetie how was nursery school today?", i asked

"it was boring mum that girl kept on pulling my hair",looking sad

Dont worry sweetie mummy will sort that out, okay?, go give your daddy a kiss.

We all got inside the house , it was already dusk and i had to prepare dinner while Maggie  bathed the kids . David went straight to the study knowing fully well that he was trying to ignore me. I really felt so alone.

"Mrs Wilson am leaving goodnight", Maggie said as she was clossing the back door .

" Goodnight Maggie see you tomorrow:, i replied as i removed the potatoes from the oven.Maggie was God sent i first got her when i gave birth to Chloe and eversince we have had her. We let her stay in the staff quarters at the back of the house, so she could be near all the time. She never had any family and she rarely talks about it but she always has a cheerful smile. Lucky girl.

"Dinner is ready", i shouted, " Honey bring the kids".

Chloe came running down the stairs with David holding Carla.

"Yummy , pot roast, sweetie pass on the potatoes, David said pulling out a chair.

"Daddy , we pray first" Chloe said grinning.

David animatedly clossed his eyes to Chloe's and Carla's amusement.

"Thank you Lord for the food before us , Amen".

"Thank you Chloe you can eat  now". Honey can you please pass on the salt", i said so looking directly at David, he looked at me but didnt say anything and passed on the bowel. I was a bit  unsettled but i let it slip.