Chapter 1: New Creative

A/N: Another story of mine! I hope you all enjoy it and don't forget to vote and comment ;)

* * * *

After Monday Night Raw went off air: Buffalo, New York - HSBC Arena, December 17, 2007

"Please Dray... promise me you'll make sure to help them."

"*Sigh* ... Alright... I'll do what I can. Promise."

"The boss isn't going to like this," Darren Kenneth Matthews, aka William Regal, Raw's current General Manager groaned as he stared at the young black man in front of him. The man had black cornrows, with black sunglasses hanging over his forehead, and looked to be in his mid-twenties. He wore a black hooded jacket with a black WWE staff shirt underneath. He also wore jeans and plain black sneakers.

"I've never really cared about what the old man thinks Will. That's one of the things he respects about me, remember?" the man said, making William sigh.

"Look. Dray. You are one of the best storyline writers we have in the creative team. Why do you want to dedicate all your talent into the WWE Divas?" William asked.

"Have you seen some of the ideas creative has for them?! Ever since Amy and Trish left it's like everyone just gave up on them! We were lucky to even get the Jamie-Tara Stone storyline set for WrestleMania last April! They have one storyline where Roxanna loses her "Female Undertaker" gimmick and starts wearing bikinis. And you know she'd be out that door if she ever saw that script! The fans are starting to lose faith in them! They're calling the WWE Divas a joke. I mean, when was the last time the fans gave a crap about women's wrestling?" Dray questioned, placing his hands on William's desk, agitation clear on his face. "We have some super talented female talent here, that we don't utilize properly or at all. Besides, the creative team for Raw and SmackDown already do a great job writing for the guys. They'll be fine. Right now we need a team that can help these girls. It's the least they deserve."

"I understand Dray. Really I do. But if you go through with this without Vince's permission, you could get fired. And even if we have some incredible talent in the Divas Division, there is no way in hell the corporate board would ever let the Divas have matches that are better than the Superstars!" William tried to reason. "It's not what they're looking for! I'm glad that you care, but they are not worth potentially losing your job over!"

"Not worth-" Dray bristled, his dark eyes lighting up in anger, before taking a deep breath. "It may not seem worth it to you, but I don't care! If giving these women a chance, and opening the fans eyes, and making them realise that these ladies are more than just eye-candy, means potentially losing my job, then to hell with it!"

"The Board of Directors didn't say a damn thing when Amy and Trish were around!" he retorted evenly. "The fellas have no issues with stepping it up a gear, should the ladies be given the chance! Besides, I'm not saying they'll do better than the boys. I'm just saying we should give the Divas a little freedom to do stuff they wouldn't normally do! They deserve that opportunity!"

"Don't think I don't know you Dray. When you say a little you actually mean a lot," William said back sternly before shaking his head at the young man's persistence. He was ambitious. He'll give him that. "When Kevin Dunn finds out about-"

"I don't give a shit about whatever Kevin has to say about our Divas or women's wrestling period," Dray snarled, his black eyes narrowing dangerously. "I made a promise! And I fully intend on keeping it! If that walking rat-face has a problem with that, then he can go fuck himself!"

William was about to retort when another voice entered the heated conversation.

"I personally think it's a great idea."