"Wait for me. Whenever you feel like you are in pain, lonely or in danger, I will come and protect you... because I love you."

The Great Sage smiled as he thought that to himself and drove even faster then he already was. He was speeding so much; his car would have been flying by now. Son Oh Gong did not give a single shit. He was in a hurry.

Someone was waiting for him.

His bride was waiting for him.

He gripped the steering wheel even tighter as the thought of Jin Seon Mi waiting for him came to mind. His heart clenched as he remembered their final night together, her teardrops were like a stab to his heart. Her tears were his. Her sorrow was also his. Her eyes spoke of love and regret. All the love that she has for him and the regret of not having to spend an eternity together. He'd take all of her pain in a heartbeat if he could but there are things that you cannot change. He had tried to have saved her in exchange for his life but the fates are cruel. They took her away from him.

"Fates be damned." He muttered to himself. He is angry that's for sure and he'd be dead before he was just going to let his bride go just like that. And he is immortal.

He had to be there where she is and be by her side no matter what it takes. He had once promised her forever and he would give her just that. She was a beautiful human being who had a heart of all things that are pure and for her to be living sacrifice for the world was just downright unfair. Jin Seon Mi deserved more then what the heavens gave her, she deserved a life. A life that she was badly fighting for in the very beginning. A life with him.

So if he has to drag her away from the underworld, he will.

He had only been in the underworld a few times, back when he was serving as a deity, and the way is tricky and torturous.  No mortals could come through, you'd either have to be a deity or dead to enter.

Son Oh Gong felt that he was getting closer, the energy was getting closer. He was nearing the dark forest and he knew he had reached one of the portals to the underworld. He pressed down the accelerator and gripped the steering wheel. Breathed in and out and used his energy to break the portal of the underworld.

The flash of light appeared and he braced himself by closing his eyes as he felt heat and a familiar energy entered his body.

Jin Seon Mi, Wait for me.

As he opened his eyes, his car was gone and he was no longer sitting. Instead he is standing in a field of what seemed like dandelions.  The place felt at peace. The sun is beaming and the sky is clear.

A familiar flabby man appeared right before him. His clothes were all white. A friendly looking man with white streaks on his hair.

Elder Soo Bori.

"The Great Sage, equal of the heavens, Son Oh Gong, Why am I not surprised to see you here?"

It was not in a mocking tone but rather a genuine question from the deity. The elder deity had the look of pity on his eyes as he looked at Son Oh Gong.

"Where is she?" he immediately asked. He was not going to wait around the bush.

The deity only looked at him as if he was trying to figure the Great Sage out. A look of wonder and curiosity.

Soon he spoke, "It's good that I get to be the one to meet you instead of the real Gate keeper. He would not have been happy about you coming here unannounced."

"I don't care. Where is she?" He asked the last question word by word indicating that he was getting impatient. Typical Son Oh Gong.

Soo Bori raised his hand as if telling him to patient which was not his greatest trait. "You cannot go against the fates-"