Dear World,

I never knew what it was like to come out until last year. I never knew the anxiety and depression that came with it when no one accepted you or believed you. When they told me that I was confused I had no idea how to respond to that. I knew that I wasn't confused, yet I couldn't find the courage to tell them that. I had just left it and never brought it up again. Until recently I've pretended to be straight, and it hurt me deeply to do so.

Then I realized that maybe I didn't want to pretend. That maybe, I wanted others to know who I am. So I made sure everyone knew what they were dealing with.

Coming out can be scary, especially when you don't know what their reactions would be. My mother first thought that I was confused and that it was just a faze that I would soon get over, but it's not. She had told my father in which I assumed was so he could try to talk to me about it since I refused to talk to her.

A few months ago before my father left to Japan, we had a serious talk. Those don't happen often. So I was really scared, but he just questioned me and we talked. It was pretty straightforward. There would be times that he would go silent, but it seemed more like he was choosing his words carefully rather than saying whatever first came to his head. He was patient and understanding. He didn't jump down my throat or scold me and tell me that I was confused. He was happy. He told me that he would love me no matter what gender I chose to love.

I don't regret my decision. I'm glad I made it clear about who I am and what I am like.

Yet, even though I like someone who is the same gender I am, I still go through the same struggles everyone else does. I still struggle with school, work, family, and much more. Believe it or not I'm not as different as everyone makes me out to be. I'm not confused. I'm not a monster and I'm not sick. I'm happy. I'm loved and so are you. So to anyone who thinks that no one loves you, or that no one cares; I do. Be proud of who you are; don't be scared to let others see the real you.

I believe in you.

Love,
        @HadesRules