CHILDISH LOVE

CHILDISH LOVE: MY SUMMER BOY
by: HERRISANNE

*KNOCK KNOCK!*
"Hey baby wake up. Open your door it's already seven o'clock in the morning and we are waiting for you at the dining room, the breakfast is ready" my mom said in a very sweet voice.

"Yes mom, wait for me there. I'm just going wash my face." I replied in a sleepy tone. Like omg, I want to sleep more. As I'm done washing my face, I immediately go to our dining room where my parents and younger sister are, talking about something that I can't understand.

As I entered the area, my dad flashes a very warm smile.

"There you are little sleepy head princess" and gesture his hands like it was waiting for a hug, so I did hug him very tight.

"Good morning dad." I kissed him on his cheeks.

"Good morning too, young lady. Sit down so that we can eat."

As we started eating, the area was filled with laughers and noise.

"Okay, I should go now ladies I am late again." My dad utters with a poker face but he immediately smile again.

"Okay love, take care. Come home early and I am going to cook your favorite beef steak." Said by my mom while fixing my dad's neck tie. Uh! how sweet, I wish I could have my own daddy's version of a guy someday.

"Oh love, I surely will. Put more onions on my steak please?" my dad said while doing a puppy eye look.

"Ew dad! You look like an old man trying to look younger but it's not working, err!" we all laugh on my joke.

"Sure anything for my love." my mom said and kisses my dad on the lips

"Me too! I want a kiss!" said by my sissy.

"Okay, I really have to go. I love you all ladies. Take care" and kiss us on our forehead. My mom accompanied him on the garage where his car is.

We are now at ours subdivision's playground with my neighbors as well as my sister. Every summer, we only spent our days here to play with our playmates. Like us, our playmates' parents are also busy with their businesses that is why we always spent our time on this place playing different kinds of games, and we always ended up with a dirty clothes, and sweat is all over our face but we all have fun and it is worth it, this was part our daily routine.

And now, we are currently playing one of our most favorite game that every children knew. It is what they called Hide and Seek.

"At the count of ten, everyone must themselves" Clyde said, one of my best playmate.

"1!"

"2!" and everyone was finding a perfect place to hide

"3!" I saw a huge drum near from a tree and that's where I hide my sister while me, I rush to the tree and climb on it.

"9!" let's see if he is able to find me.

"10!" and I saw Clyde open his eyes.

While sitting on the brunch of the tree, I notice a boy who's standing on our neighbor's garden in front of our house. He was watching us like he wants to play with us also. I was staring at him the whole time that I didn't even notice that the game was over.

"Hey Amber! Show up already! The game was over! Where are you?" Clyde shouted. So I jump off the tree and run towards them.

"Let's watch the sun, look!" My sister uttered and point the direction of the sun.

While watching how the sun sets, Clyde's grandmother as well as my mom called us.

"Amber and Zein let's go home, playtime is over. And dad will be home in a few minutes now. You ladies are very dirty, I'm going to wash both of you so come on." My mom said with a worried voice. My mom is really an overprotective one, she is always making things like these a very big deal but I love it anyway