Mysterious

No more beach. No more sleeping in. No more freedom. No more escape. No more Summer.

Ugh.

Right now I'm walking in to the first period English class on the first day of school. Gross. I take a seat in the back, far away from a group of populars.

The teacher announced, "Today you are free to chat with whoever in the room. I want to you to get to know your classmates. Don't get too loud though."

Okay. Well I'll just sit here watching the clock. I'd rather be home watching Netflix.

A new kid sat next to me. He stared at me.

"Uh hi.." I said.

No response. He just continued to stare at me. There's not much to look at.

I'm just going to ignore him.

As I did for the rest of the day.

Turns out that we had EVERY class together. Yipee. At least it's Friday and school is over today. Two days of relaxation.

After going to my locker, I walked outside and crossed the street, turned twice, and started walking home. In the middle of the sidewalk, I stopped and started looking through my bag for my phone. Behind me, he was walking, the kid who was staring at me.

I tried to find it faster, but he caught up to me.

"Okay why are you following me home?" I said to him.

He pointed ahead to a house, probably his. I nodded and got up to my house and sat on my steps.

He walked up to the house next to mine. Oh my god. He must be one of the new neighbors we got.

After a few minutes, he walked up to me and said, "I forgot my key. Could I hang over here for a bit?"

"Umm okay. But just one hour. And you aren't coming inside. We're going out back."

I walked towards the gate, he followed.

We sat on the grass, both of us silent.

"Im Luke. But I figured you out, Shayla." He said.

I ignored the fact that he knew my name, and said, "Um what's that supposed to mean?"

"I know that you cut."

How the hell does he know that? Of course he's right though, I do cut. But I cut on my thighs.

"How'd you know?"

He didn't answer.

Why is he so mysterious? He keeps everything to himself and it's really annoying.

Out of the blue, he said, "Do you want to visit my lake house this weekend?"

"What the.."

He interrupted me and said, "Bring nice clothes and a bathing suit. Meet my at my house next door at 9."

Before I could say anything, he got up and left. He went back to his house. What am I supposed to do? I don't know him yet he invited me stay with him at a lake house over the weekend.

What could go wrong?

I packed 2 bras, three shirts, four thongs, two pairs of shorts, and my favorite pare of flip flops.

I made sure my phone was fully charged.

I also remembered to pack my bikini bathing suit, even though I can't swim. I didn't want to embarrass myself and saw I couldn't. If he wants to go in the water, I'll make up an excuse.

I went up to my room, and took my shirt off, leaving only a bra on. I reached to open my drawer to get a baggy beach shirt, then I felt someone watching me. I looked out my window to see him in his window, staring at me. But when he saw me look at him, he turned away and acted like he was on his phone.

I have him the middle finger then shut my curtain.

Jesus. Why does he always watch me?

Am I really about to do this? Why not?

I grabbed my bag and walked outside, heading for his house. He was waiting on his front steps for me.

He opened the car door for me and he started the engine.

"Why am I doing this?" I whispered to myself.

"Because I would never try hurting you and you should trust me." He said.

This is probably the stupidest thing I have ever done. But he's right, I trust him. I don't know why.

He pulled up to a gigantic lake house. It was beautiful. There were no other houses around it. Just on the other sides of the lake. It was cool, his own side of a lake. We both got out of the car. He motioned me out back.

He ran up to the dock, took off his shirt, and jumped in the water. He was gorgeous. Perfect abs.

"Shayla I invited you here simply to get to know one of my classmates and have fun. Come in the water!"

I shook my head.

He waved his hand toward the water.

"Well I'm just going up to my knees." I said.

I took off my flip flops and walked into the water. It was so warm. Better than any beach. He swam up to me until it was too shallow to swim, then made his at over to me.

"Shayla, come on. There's no sharks, this is a lake not an ocean."

Frustrated, I said, "For God sake, I can't swim."

He frowned, then said, "I'll teach you. Take your clothes off so you have your bathing suit on."

"My bathing suit is in my bag. I'll go get it I guess."

I got my bag and set it on the sand.

"Where can I go in and change?"

"I'll show you."

He lead me inside and to a bedroom. He sat on the bed and waited.

"Dude I need to change."

"Are you embarrassed?"

YES.

"Oh, uh no." I answered.

I got the bikini out of my bag then removed my shirt. Then my bra. I quickly put on the top.

I turned away and slipped my shorts off so I only had a thong on. In a matter of five seconds I took it off and put on the bottoms. I turned around.

"Shayla. Come here a sec."

I sat on the bed. He put his hand on my thigh and ran it across.

Oh my god. I forgot that I cut on my thigh.