chapter one: read all about it

There was a new student.

The news spread fast, and Tyler was very interested in the whereabouts of this kid. She didn't know anything about them, except they were Scotish, which meant they were perfect to write an article about for the school newspaper.

The paper was a dying art, and Tyler considered herself to be a necromancer, of sorts. She would revive the tabloid, give the people something to look forward to.

Even if it meant making a few things up.

Technically, she had to make sure everything she wrote was factual, but Tyler figured out that labeling things as 'editorials' gave her the advantage.

"I need an interview." She nearly shouted, dropping next to Arin, president of the AV club.

He looked up. Arin Hanson was only seventeen, but he already looked like an adult. Last time he gave Tyler an interview, she published a story on how the AV club hacks student elections.

He was not a fan of her.

"Taylor," he started, and she quickly interrupted.

"Tyler."

"Tyler. Why should I help you out? If I recall, you ruined my club's reputation."

"Actually, I got it talked about. No one cared until the story, and then you got to be the talk of the school!"

Arin blinked slowly. "Bad press, though?"

"All press is good press. Besides, my girlfriend is the head cheerleader, help me out, she'll promote your club."

He sighed, putting his book Gaming for Dummies down. "I'll help you later, but right now I have to meet Elias, they suck at math and I pretend to be good so they give me money. They also don't know American currency, so I get paid more than I should."

Tyler's face lit up. "Perfect! Can I come?"

"If you're quiet."

"You can count on me!"

Tyler then immediately texted her gurlfriend, Emery, that she was going to write the best story ever. AV CLUB PRESIDENT TAKES ADVANTAGE OF IMMIGRANTS! READ ALL ABOUT IT!