The wolf island

Quibli and moon were flying. Well, actually, they were gliding, because their wings had given up a long time ago. Quibli was trying really hard to look bored, but really his mind was shooting through all the possiblities about what could happen on this trip.  we could find a new type of dragon!  of coure we are. , he thought.  his mind was flicking through what the map had shown. Monitor island passed below them, and quibli's mind recalled everything he knew about it. Infested with poisonous lizards, he thought. Not a great place to stop. But we're going to have to stop and rest sometime.
Moon wasn't actually awake, and had fallen asleep while gliding. Great. Thought quibli. He flew underneath her and shoved  up as hard as he could, supporting her in the air. Then he saw a huge rock spire jutting out of the clouds, narrowly missing them. he dove down, and saw a island. it was as least as lush as the rainforest and at least twice it's size, if not more. he hadn't seen this one on the map. hunh. He thought. We'll explore it tomorrow. He flew around the island, looking for a spot to sleep. He spotted a huge jut of rock coming out of the sea, big enough for six fully grown dragons to sit on, wings spread. Perfect. He flew back to moon. He thought he saw a few wolfish shapes in the bushes, but they quickly retreated. That's weird. He thought. Let's get out of here. He picked up moon, and carried her to the little island. but when he got back, it was gone. what the-  he thought. what happened here?  then he heard a loud grinding noise, so loud that it woke moon up. "what-" she stuttered, falling out of his arms. "AHHHHHHHHHH" she unfurled her wings just in time, her talons just brushing the water. "what just happened?" she demanded. "well, you fell asleep, and i carried you here, and that little island dissapeared, and it woke you up, and-" "look!" she cried, pointing to the big island. "that would be a perfect place to stay!" she's not acting like herself, he thought. there's something wrong with these island. well, he thought ruefully, gripping his skyfire,  we'll find out tomorrow.