Chapter 1

"Hurry up, Carrie or you'll be late for school!" The words of my mother yelling from down the stairs echo about in my room. I have no real choice but to get you and face another horrible day of the hell hole which most normal Americans call school. I moan then slide myslef up and out of my warm, confortable bed that kept me safe over night. Placing my feet out from the covers, feeling the cold air and the brushes of the carpet, i stand up wobbling at first then regaining my balence, i walk out to the hallway then turned myself towards the bathroom looking over to see a sleepy annoying brother trying to get the bathroom before me. "Aw Hell no!" I ran forward to the bathroom slamming to door waking him up some more. "Wait what?" i could hear him ask himself. "You snooze you looze!" I yell out undressing myself. "AHHH MAN!" he yelled stomping down stairs.

I take my long, hot shower that almost made up for the fact that i was forced from my bed, and i walk back to my bedroom closing the door. Thinking to myself of what an appropiate attire would be for today, i grab my Iphone thats convently placed on its charger by my bed. tapping the weather app blue rushes over the sreen as a bubble pops up exclaiming "TODAY: 41 degrees F." A grey cloud pops up in the corner of the other weather bubble glooming up my phone a bit so I hit the button to darken the screen, tossing it to my bed.

My closet is filled with old, worn clothing my mom got for me at the Donation center. I never complained i mean they were comfortable and cheap, im not paying for it so its not that big of a deal. I grab myslef a Pink bra (which wasnt used), lacy pink undies to match,(also not worn), a tank top, sweater, jeans and a pair of my favorite converse i got on a good sale. As i begin to change into my attire my Iphone began to go off. walking over to it i unlocked it sliding the screen over to anwser the call that was begin sent in. "Hello?" i ask a bit more gingerly than it need tot be. No reply. "Heeelllllooooo?" i repeat extending it. then i pull the phone away from my ear to look if the call dropped but it wasnt. I also noticed the number was labled "UNKNOWN."

Hanging up the phone, i finshed getting dressed, then walking down stairs to find my bestfriend Haley sitting at the island placed in the kitchen smiling and eating my poptarts. Glaring at her i stomp over ripping the soft, warm, delious, bread form her mouth taking a large bit of it then shoving it back into her mouth once again. She gigled a little smiling then standing up doing sign laugague for "thank you" to my mom as she grabs her green and blue poka-dotted pack back and followed behind me.

Haley was Deaf as a kid, Scarlet fever or somthing like that. She can read lips really well but prefers to use sign laugnue more that speaking. She tought me how to read her little hand jestures and i thought her how to idenitfy noises from animals or people when they get hurt or something along those lines. I met her the first day of highschool. She was sitting alone so i sat down next to her. I didnt know sign laugue so it was hard to talk to her but we evoled.

I grabbed my Black back pack my mom picked up for me at the donation center, and walked out the heavy brown door that protects my family from the outside world. "Holy Shit." i say turning back to Haley. "yeah. its cold!" she says kinda shivvering. I slide off one of the straps to my back pack and pull out 2 hats and i hand one to Haley, then placeing the spare on a top my head adjusting it. "Ready?" i smile at her. She nods her head and leads forth to the hell hole everyone calls "School."