who am I?

Dear World,

My name is Arturo Hernandez-Montoya, I'm just like you and I deserve love. I live in Lilburn, GA, where the weather is just as wild as me. I'm just a funny senior in high school, who seeks to spread love around. I love reading and watching Netflix, instead of doing homework. I have amazing family and friends who mix my days and nights into one. I am someone who appreciates nature from indoors, who gets more rest napping after school, who exercises to be fit and then rewards himself with junk food. Even though my life has had its ups and downs, I wouldn't change it. I love who I am. But who am I? That's a question I’ve sought the answers for in windows, car doors, and mirrors; neither reflection replies but they each show someone different because it's scary stripping yourself down to the core. I'm many things. Maybe I haven't found myself completely, but the point in life is to evolve and change and become a better you. The Arturo I see in the mirror today is the proud gay son of immigrants.

Being gay is only part of who I am. Coming out was an amazing experience for me, my family and I grew closer together and I was free. Free from repressing who I was and who I wanted to be. Being gay is only part of me though and there's way more to tell. Another big part of my identity is being an immigrant. Yes, I'm a proud son of immigrants. My parents are from Tampico, Tamaulipas, a small coastal region in Mexico. Both my parents wanted to give me a life where I had opportunities to choose my own path. Being the son of immigrants brought it's hardships, from prejudice to missed opportunities, but I would never change that part of me. I love my Mexican heritage and I love my culture. Everything about it is amazing from the cuisine to the music we listen to. Being an immigrant has made me appreciate things people take for granted, and has shaped who I am today.

I love my life and I love the people in it. My life is crazy and I love it that way. There's many parts to who I am, and I'm glad I could tell you all those parts of me. My name is Arturo Hernandez and I deserve love. I deserve to find the guy of my dream and be happy, just like you. You deserve to be happy too. Everyone should find their happy ending because if life is still hard that means it can’t be over yet. I hope you find your happy ending.

Love,

XDlmao