One Moment to the Next, Closer to a Senior Moment

Un Momento. I said unmomento. If you speak English and are American you should be able to say this in Spanish, meaning just one moment. This is what you say when you have a senior moment. I don't like to say and of course, I don’t like what it conveys, it conveys that someone someone may be losing it, having memory loss. 

Did you ever have this happen to you? You forget something or you forget where you placed something,  your mind reminds you that you're having a senior moment. Recently my uncle's first wife told me that I was a young senior citizen! I never heard that before. And I don't want to hear it again. So maybe for a moment maybe two moments this information fazed me a bit. This newfound title did not register very clearly. She said I was a young senior citizen? Listen I don't want to hear this, let me be clear, everybody forgets something once in a while. 

Let me just sip from my wine. Merlot I think. In drinking surely I'll have a reason to forget, reason not to be able to find my keys and  forget to pay my bills. I forgot because I was a little tipsy. When I was 20 a  senior moment was nothing at all.  I grew older to 30 and the senior moment had no power at all, No power at all.

Wait, wait a minute then I turned 40 and the senior moment stuff is not beneficial to my ear. I heard on the radio that every time you drink alcohol it destroys 1 million brain cells. Oh shit! Let me take another sip of my wine because I'll pass 52  soon and what was I was saying? What was I saying, I guess it was not important, so what was last night’s Powerball number?