Chapter 1

*Chelsea's POV*

I woke up that morning to my closed curtains, shading the sunlight from my room. It was dim and dusty in my apartment. I slid out of bed and shuffled to my kitchen. I poured myself a big bowl of bland cereal and went for the milk. But there wasn't any. All there was in my small refrigerator was just a pound of old ham, and whole wheat bread. I felt a pang of sadness hit my chest. Hard. I steadied myself to the counter and I felt a tear roll down my cheek. Chelsea, seriously. It's been almost a year. Go outside and buy food!

I huffed and shuffled to the bathroom. After a nice, steamy shower I quickly got dressed into leggings, a shoulder shirt, and my old worn out combat boots. I threw my wet hair up into a messy bun. My stomach grumbled loudly. I smiled, finding the sound amusing. I walked back to my bathroom and looked into the mirror, which had just cleared up of the steam but was still foggy at the edges. There were dark bags under my eyes, and my soft tan skin was pale. I looked everywhere until I finally had found my makeup bag, in the bathroom cabinet. I dabbed just a bit of cover up under my eyes, to hide the bags. I added just a little of light eye makeup to my greenish grayish eyes. I examined my work and was satisfied with my work.

*15 minutes later*

I sat in my car, with the engine running, gripping the steering wheel, staring out the windshield. I took a deep breath and turned on the radio. I haven't heard the radio in about a year, ever since she had died. There was a new song that was aparentally called, "What Makes You Beautiful," by some boy band.

I drove carefully to the grocery store. After grocery shopping, I bought a cup of coffee and walked to the nearby park with the bag of groceries in one hand and the cup of coffee in the other.

There was a bit of a chill in the air. There were a couple of kids laughing while walking their husky. I smiled at them and rested my eyes on the ground. I watched my feet that were walking quickly atop the sidewalk. I replayed the tune of the song I heard that morning. It was really catchy.

All of a sudden, I felt a massive impact against someone. My groceries flew everywhere and I saw my coffee splash on top of someone. I sat up quickly and saw the person's back to me, gripping their arm. I got up and faced him,"I'm so sorry, are you okay?"

He looked up at me, his face red, and he was wincing from pain. His eyes... Oh, his eyes. They were a light, beautiful blue, and it had a small tint of green. His hair was blonde and gelled up. His lips were a light pink and he had rosy cheeks. I caught my breath. I saw my cup of coffee lying next to him and that's when I saw his arm. He was gripping it lightly and it was all red. Not like a light red but a really bad red.

I sunk to my knees,"I'm so sorry. What's wrong?" I quickly gathered my stuff and set it beside me.

He took a deep breath, wincing again, "I think you're coffee b-burned me arm."

I started stuttering. I just burned a person, "D-does it a lot?"

He shook his head, "Not that much." He winced again, so it was pretty obvious that it does hurt.

I caught a little accent in there but I wasn't sure what type. He got up and I followed. I brushed off my leggings and picked up my groceries, "Well, I'm really sorry. I have a first aid kit in my car, if you want..."

He just stared at me with those beautiful blue eyes,"Forgive me, but what is your name?"

I looked around before answering and noticed a group of girls squealing and pointing at us. What in the world? I looked back at him, "Chelsea. Chelsea Blaire. And may I saw that... those girls over there," I pointed at them, "they're like gawking at you. Are you famous or something?" I smiled a small smile, letting him know that I was just joking.