12 || Comfort Blankets

The girl who had just learned about her parent's sudden death kept looking into Bumblebee's eyes for the next step in her new life. To her, he was a bodyguard, an obvious friend, somewhat of a brother, and...well just someone she felt completely safe with. He is all she had now.

She looked back on life like how a majority of boys are jerks and there are a lot of dishonest people these days. Y/n is watched by a robot that cares and will do anything for this little fleshling. A yellow robot with feelings compared to a human male...is that an issue?

Bumblebee didn't just use songs from the radio to communicate, he also used lines from famous Hollywood films. He whirred calmly to Y/n at his foot, still holding the talisman. He used a line from The Goonies. "You're gonna live with me now--I'm gonna take care of ya."

Y/n nodded. Her emotions are all over the place. It's probably worse than menstrual cycle mood swings. She wanted to thank Bumblebee for saving her life and taking the step to bring her into the family. The Transformer family that she never thought of being a part of. Honestly, she thought it was a real honor.

"Thank you, Bee." She takes one of his digits into her arms like it was a teddy bear. There was nothing else to hug except for his fingers and he accepted it right away. He didn't mind it. "What now, Bee?" She asked faintly.

Bee didn't answer. He was afraid he might be triggered in some way. He's still learning about how these humans function with their feelings.

He wishes that there was some way that he could lift her spirits and make her smile again. She was quite the firecracker when she came face to face with Violet at the public party. And then being chased by Barricade...Bumblebee thought she was courageous when it came to the Decepticon. He thought and thought and just when he believed Y/n was going to have a bad start at this dump, the small transformer "puppies" came into play.

One of them spewed flames, another flew and one tumbled as it ran up to the lonely girl. Slug is the small Dinobot triceratops who acted like a clumsy pug. Mini Grimlock, also known as 'T' sparked up his courage to introduce himself to Y/n. And Terry is what Cade calls baby Strafe, the flying Dinobot.

Bee wasn't a big fan of these guys but he'll take it if it's the best way to brighten Y/n's day.

Their little eyes glow with their mood and they obviously acted like puppies. Y/n smirked at first and it soon grew into a smile, then a giggle and her laughing up a storm. She tried to push the awful knowledge out of her head about her parents but it just came back to have her lose the smile Bee wanted her to lock in. That's when Cha-Cha stepped out of Cade's trailer and saw the mini Dinobots playing with Y/n.

Cha-Cha tagged along somehow. She must have ridden with one of the other Transformers to the junkyard and somehow Cade allowed her to stay, too. The tomboy walked over. "Hey." She started gently. She crouched beside Y/n and the Dinobots, letting her get used to her surroundings and new friends. "I'm really sorry about your parents. Cade just told me."

Y/n didn't like that the boss of the junkyard was spreading the word about her family. "What? So now Cade is the one to tell everyone about my personal life?"

Cha-Cha sighed. "I understand what you're going through. Cons killed my family as well." She adjusted herself so she could sit comfortably on the dirt ground in her filthy overalls.

Y/n looked away from the bots and to Cha-Cha. "Thanks."

"I'm Izabella." She said extending her hand out. Y/n guessed that this girl wanted to start over and be her friend from now on. The grin from this Hispanic girl gave Y/n a thin comfort blanket, letting her know she was not alone and would be cared for by everyone at the junkyard.

Y/n had her hand meet with Izabella's, shaking it firmly with great eye contact. "I'm Y/n."

"Nice to meet you, amiga." Said Izabella. And her attention is brought to Bee who is blocking out the sun. All the human girls can see from the ground is an outline of Bee's body. "He your friend?" Izabella glances at Y/n.

She nodded. "Yeah, Bee is basically my new bodyguard..." Y/n shyly says while continuing to let the smooth metal that belonged to the mini Dinobots. She was pretty reserved about who Bumblebee was to her.

Now that comfort had been restored to Y/n, she didn't know at all about what was going to happen later on in her life. It's best to focus on the better things than worry about the bad things. If she is supposed to 

Y/n was open enough to ask the biggest Autobot in the junkyard his weight. "How much do you weigh? Are you technically considered overweight?" She brings her chin up high to conversate with Hound.

The chunky bot answered the question with, "No. It's just all my gear. It's like somebody packed ten pounds of sh*t in a five-pound sack."

Y/n chuckled at his response as the mini Dinobots fled to do their normal routine in the junkyard, which was to explore everything they had already explored. And Hound didn't like these little guys either. Human teenagers enjoyed their childish company. The military Autobot doesn't apply the name "Dinobots" to these puppy Transformers. To him and others, the minis are just an infestation in their temporary home.

"I think these guys are great." Y/n comments before Hound flicks a giant cigarette and it knocks Little-T off the Auto Parts roof.

This is her new family. And it isn't a foster home.

****

William Lennox spoke to Megatron at a private location with four lawyers that allowed him to get at least four of his Decepticons out of their prisons. The man dressed in uniform let the lawyers leave safely and asked Megatron the question he'd been wanting to ask him.

"What do you really want, Megatron?" He asked with no fear in his voice.

Megatron lifts his large weapon at Lennox and points it directly at him. "What anyone wants, human." He pauses. "To go home." He placed the dark blade on his back.

Lennox turned his back on the Con and retreated back to the black SUVs. "Yeah, that'd be all right with me, too."

****

Lennox had gone back to one of his bases where General Morshower discussed the plan with him. He placed out a map and gave specific details about what was supposed to happen. "Megatron, he's after something Yeager has. Something they need to help find this weapon called The Staff. We're gonna let those Decepticons do our dirty work in finding this thing. On my go, they'll be given Yeager's hideout coordinates. You track Megatron at every step. Take the weapon."

"And then I'm taking his ass out."

General nodded once.