PROLOGUE

The smell of the grass in this meadow reminded me of the days I spent with him. Every colourful sunset was a memory that was forever imprinted on my mind. It felt right just being around him; just being with him. I and he, just the two of us in this world, would be enough to keep me alive. Though it was his back that I could see, still I couldn’t help myself from adoring every piece of him as I watched him looking over the sunset. With his hands on his pocket, he seemed so focused watching over the golden sky, yet here I was very still standing behind his back.  The wind blew hard and wafted his long hair along with it together with the rhythm of the movement of the long dry grasses around us. It was a beautiful thing seeing the flow of the wind with his hair and it made me giggle. He tilted his head, seeming to sense the presence of someone watching over him. He turned the upper half of his body to my direction and there he saw me. He gave me a mischievous smile and my lips voluntarily reflected it. Our minds and thoughts were connected, our lives were connected, and it was the coolest thing in the world.

“You came,” he said, and the grin in his face grew into a genuine smile. I was pleased by his gladness to see me. It had been a long time since we last saw each other and he always told me that every day that passed with us apart was a misery for him. I didn’t like the thought of him suffering, it was hurting me with the same pain he felt let alone the fact that I was the reason of that misery.  I tried to hide my disappointment when I took a closer look at his face. Nothing had changed since we last met about a few months ago and the feature of his face was still unknown to me. It was frustrating loving someone away from you and much more loving someone whom his face you couldn’t picture. This kind of romance was something of a mystery nobody on earth could ever fathom, not even the brightest and greatest minds we often read in our science book.  I didn’t bother to try to understand it either because what was important was what was here and now which was: I and him . . . together.

He advanced closer crossing the distance between us. I knew he must have missed me so much and throwing my body to him would be the next right thing to do. But the selfish part of me suggested not to let him touch me so I would be able to savour the feeling of being missed by someone, especially by someone I really love. I started to run away from him, giggling. The tip of the grass tickled my palm as I extended my arms above it while I was running. Turning my head back to him after a few steps, I saw he was standing still to where he was.

“Run fast. I’ll still catch you.” He took a step forward and started running after me.

I laughed because of course I knew he would catch me, but I wanted him to run after me which was the bigger deal. The whole meadow hissed when the wind blew once again which felt warm on my skin. I made 5 more steps when I felt arms enveloped my waist, dropping us both to the bed of hayed grass. My heart pounded feeling his body against mine after he landed on top of me. I felt my eyes stopped blinking for several seconds while I stare at his blurry face. My lips twitched, unable to hide the smile from my face. But the smile I wore vanished and instead, it quivered as he inched his face closer to mine. He was a breath away from me and his lips were like a centimetre away from mine, so close that I could almost hear his breathing. Our lips were about to touch but to my disappointment they didn’t. They did not touch because I woke up.

I found myself in my bed in a dark, cold night. I was breathing fast and sweating hard after waking up from another dream. I rose and sat to regain the clarity of my mind.  It had been months since he last appeared in my dream and I was glad to see the mysterious guy once again. This night was one of the many nights that I shared my dream with him and every night always felt special. He was my special romance, Oh my. . . Tristan.

----

New story. Please vote and comment :)