Part 1

19th December, 4 pm

The Oberois had gathered in the main hall, all thanks to Mallika. She was here, with an invitation for all the young Oberois for a Christmas party. She had, of course, invited the elders as well, but they had politely declined, not really interested in celebrating.

So now, Mallika had asked Saumya for a marker and a bowl, quickly writing everyone's names on the chits she had made, mixing it well in the bowl. She picked out a sheet for Anika, since the woman in question wasn't here and went around everybody, asking them to pick the chits.

When everyone would pick a chit, she would mutter 'yellow' but when it was Shivaay's turn, she didn't have to tell anything. She was sure he'd pick the blue one. She had, after all, dated him enough to know his likes and dislikes. Since he chose to remain the same ol' Shivaay, his tastes were bound to remain the same. He picked the blue one subconsciously and Mallika patted herself, mentally.

She had take in upon herself to make sure both her best friends get married. To each other. Apart from the confusion of whether she'll have a Bhabhi or a Jiju, everything was perfect.

So when Anika finally arrived at the Oberoi Mansion, Mallika turned around. She didn’t know it was her. But the way Shivaay's eyes glowed had indicated her arrival.

She excitedly handed over that chit to Anika, grinning. She knew what she was to do.

“Mallika, yeh kya hai?” Anika asked curiously.

“Anika, there's somebody’s name on the chit. Everyone had been given one, we are going to play Secret Santa on the 25th!” Mallika clapped her hands excitedly.

While everyone else's face glowed, Shivaay groaned and Anika looked clueless. “Mallika, it's high time you grow out of this.” Shivaay was about to toss the piece of paper aside when Anika interrupted, “Is it a game? I'll definitely play!” There. Shivaay decided that maybe, Secret Santa, after all, wasn't such a bad idea.

Shivaay was suddenly quite and Mallika grinned.
“Well, it goes like you'll buy a gift for the person whose name is on the chit. Then the person has to guess who it is. The one who guesses wrong, in the end, serves a punishment. Before you guys complain, yes, a little bit fun.” Mallika winked in the end. This was going to be so much more fun that what they'd imagine.

“Now shoo away!” Mallika waved her hands. “Go to your rooms or whatever, have a look at the names and decide the gifts quick! Only 3 days, guys! You'll have to send your gifts to the Rana Mansion, the person's name mentioned on it.”

And so, the Oberois went to their rooms, shaking their heads at Mallika's excitement while she dragged Anika with her to the Rana Mansion. Anika had a Christmas Eve Party to plan!

24th December, 9pm

Shivaay stopped his car outside the Rana mansion, sighing in relief. If he would have been even a tad bit more late, everyone would have pretty much murdered him with death glares.

Handing over the car keys to the waiting servant there, Shivaay hurried inside.

He was greeted with loud cheers and a very excited Mallika. “Thank God you are here Shivaay! We can finally start with the most awaited game for tonight!”

He formally greeted Siddharth who asked him to let himself a bit loose. “C'mon Shivaay! It's Christmas Eve! Try enjoying buddy!” was what he had said and what left Shivaay confused. Enjoying? Buddy? Seemed like Siddharth was already high.

He made way to the gang seated in a circle. Om, Rudra, Gauri, Priyanka, Saumya, Mallika and Siddharth. His eyes searched around for a certain event planner.