CHAPTER 1 : We officially bumped into each other !

I threw my arms in the air and yawned...The sky looked so sad already and I had no clue how would I put up with it the rest of the day..

I gave my wrist watch a quick glance.
9:27..
"Hah !" I called out to myself  "That's what has the scriptwriters of this industry have come down to , isn't ?? This young fellow is exactly 27 minutes late."

As far as Producer Sahib had briefed me this morning , its a new actor they had assigned this time. They attended some theatre during their last visit to Calcutta for a film promotion. The acting of the hero wherefore urged their interest and so much that they went backstage to hire him for the project we are currently working on ! And here I sad gaping at the dull grey sky waiting for the actor who was smart enough to delay the meeting which was scheduled at 9 sharp at the "Green café"

"What's his name ?" I had casually asked Producer Sahib this morning

"Uh..." He had said "I don't quite remember it , darling ! He will have a card to show you .. Don't worry!  "

"Okay!" I mumbled in a rather put out tone chewing the corner of my lip.

My gaze moved to the home screen of my phone as it beeped with a notification ! The clock on it nearly screamed "9:45" !!!

"Uh-huh!" I muttered under my breath ."This fellow is just too late for me to wait! "
I was just picking up my bag to leave when I heard someone call my name from behind...
When I heard his voice at first I thought I was day dreaming or it was just some kind of illution.

"Anne!" He called again . His voice infested with Awe.

I couldn't me so wrong , I convinced myself. It was him. My throat pained suddenly and the shiffon saree I had chosen this morning as it would be light to carry suddenly seemed to weigh a ton.

Rajat ?? But ? It was Dubai. How could he just turn up here ?

I turned to face him. Yes Rajat Bhattacharya ! I knew I wasn't mistaken !

We both stared at each other like we were just out of a horror house and an awkward silence followed until he pulled himself together to break it !

"Anurima ?? What are you doing here ???" He said. The corner of his mouth curved to suit him with a smirk I always fantasised

"Well..." I said "Just for some work you know.. What about you ?? Green  cafe isn't particularly a famous place to hang out in Dubai ..."

"Oh well.  I have just received a hearty call from Mr. Mathur to act in their new project ! You definitely remember that I acted right ?? So after you left Calcutta I got an offer to play the lead role for a well reputed theatre group..."

"And Producer Sahib picked u up" I completed cutting him off in mid flight

His eyebrows came closer in a frown
"how do you ..."

I tried the best sort of professional smile I was capable of and put out my arm for him to shake .

"Anurima Mukherjee - the scriptwriter for you debut project "

He was awestruck.( I can't very well deny that I was too !)
It seemed to me that he had almost forgot that he knows to speak at all and just  shook my hand in response...