Prologue

The beauty of it. How it sparkles in the light. Perfectly carved and sculpted into a magnificent piece of art.

He wanted it.Ever since he saw it that day he wanted it. Today is the day. The day he would take it and make history. Or so he believed.

With steady hands he lifts the case ever so carefully making sure to take his time and not to set off any alarms he may not have disabled.

Finally after what felt like hours, even though they were only seconds, the case was off. He put the it on the ground and almost cried with joy as years of planning and practicing were finally coming together for this moment.

He broke into one of the most protected biuldings on earth and is about to take one of the most valuable treasures on earth. And now he was going to become one of the richest men on earth.

He picked up the jewel and put it in his pouch which is padded to make sure the jewel dosen't get damaged.

He then moved to start on his escape route.

*Step Step*

The thief stopped in his tracks and stood still.

Is it a guard? He thought.

I knocked all of them out. Please don't tell me they woke up this fast.

*Step Step Click Click*

What the hell is that?

He didn't dare move a muscle. He knew someone was there but he didn't want to risk being spotted. He barely even breathed and when he had to they would be small, short, silent gasps for air.

"I applaud you for breaking into this place. You did a great job and saved me a lot of trouble. But I probably would have done it in half the time."

A man. American accent. He sounds tough as his voice was quite deep. The thief weighed his options. He didn't want to kill anybody but was fully prepared to do so.

"You can turn around. I'm not a guard. I just want what you have."

No. He was not going to have it. I worked to hard for it. No way in hell will he get the credit for my work.

The thief took off running but didn't make it far until he heard a click and pain exploded his side. He fell and clutched his side as he gasped for breath. He heard foot steps come toward him.

"I wouldn't have shot you if you would have given me the jewel from the start. Now look at you bleeding on the ground with your face contorted in pain. It's disguisting."

The man bent down and took the pouch from the thief and put it around his shoulder.

The thief, with pain exploding throughout his body, looked at his attackers face with pleading eyes.

What he was met with was eyes of amusment and cruelty. He watched in horror as he lifted his gun and pointed it at his head. The last thing he saw was a smile on his face as he pulled the trigger.

The man looked upon the dead body with satisfaction. He truly enjoyed killing. He walked towards the door when his stomach growled.

What shall I eat tonight. A burger? No. Spaghetti? No. Maybe tacos then? Yeah, tacos would be good.

He left the building and got into his car. He drove down the street leaving one dead thief,more than thirty-five dead or injured security guards, and a missing diamond behind him.