An uncomfortable distance

And with all of me, I wanted the words to flow out. Yet my teeth clenched and my tongue tied a knot around itself. I stood in front him, with all the words I wanted to say racing around my mind, replaying, each time a little different to the last. If it was going to be said, I thought. It was going to be perfect. And this, this moment was not perfect enough. Little did I know that this would be the only opportunity I would be granted with. 

I stand in front of him a little too close yet still a little to far. All I could think of was closing the gap between us. Whispering the love I hold for him my heart, inbetween kisses, that I would place ever so delicatley on his beautiful lips. It is a strange thought, for lips to be beautiiful, but there was no other way to describe them. 

Daydream. I caught myself.  It had been 5 days since this partiular day. I had not stopped replaying it. Oh, I'm so sorry, I shouldn't stop the story there, this is what happened next. 

He said my name so delicately I swore, just the echo would break into a million pieces if it were to be disruptted. Still, no words fell from my mouth, my opportunity had passed. My heart sunk deeper into my chest and with every pouding beat I swear, my whole body shook. 

His face had turned pale; his eyes still the same. They were the kind of dark blue you could get lost in, with a hint of green that reminded you to find yourself again. It was painfully beautiful to stare at him in this second. I had become use to this face over the last few weeks. I describe it this way not beacause he is so beautiful that it is painful, but because he hides his pain in his eyes, and what a beauiful place to hold it. He is unlike any I have come across. 

We have been standing outside our destinaiton for 10 minutes now and the chill in the air is eating away at hands and pinking my nose, when one of us finally speaks. It was not me. He says my name again. "Roseabelle" but quiter. He bites his lips, then lets it slide back into its place. Apparently; that was all either of us could say. He faces his back towards me. I stand with my pink nose in the cold, and wait.