Start the Game

I don't own anything except this story. Enjoy :)

Hi. My name's Yusei. Yusei Kurusu. Let me tell you a story about me and how my life turned into an absolute mess. For a teenager that is. Let us start the game shall we?

Monday, 7:25am

Today is just as boring as it is. Life just turns as it is. People laughing at the background and couples kissing in front of the classroom. That's one thing that has bothered me for awhile. Two kids that "love" each other and they decide to insert the label then the parents disapprove the relationship yet the kids still decide to be together.

That sums up this generation of kids. It's stupid. As I sit I think to myself if there was more to life. More action. More meaning and more... love. That's a word that's foreign to me. Never felt it.

I think of the pros and cons of love until I see something. A flash of light that surrounded me. I float off the ground and I can feel the stares of my classmates for the first time. Nobody would miss me. Not even my parents. Except for my sister. She'll miss me.

As I float I look up to see a portal of light and darkness. I get sucked in and immediately I fall aimlessly in this dark space. I scream to the top of my lungs as I fall and hit the floor. I was sure to be dead. This is better than living...

I stir awake seconds later. Goddamnit I'm not dead. I open my eyes to see two paths, one with light and one with darkness. I had this hatred of people because they see me as a ghost. I was bullied always by bigger people. I was neglected of attention from my parents but I also wanted to help people as well. I always wanted to be the hero. The goddamn hero.

What would sis say? She'd always say to turn the other cheek and walk the other way. Hmm.

"Sorry sis. It don't work like that." I walk toward the dark path. "You taught me to turn the other cheek, not fight back. Problem is, that don't work. Not in the real world." I said a silent apology to my sister and walked to the dark path.

I start to walm down the dreary and dark path and immediately I see the death around me. Hanging bodies from the trees. Bones scattered around the ground. Corpses slowly rotting. At the end of the path was a black robed hooded man. He stared at me with dead white eyes and spoke in a thick but dead voice. Beside him was a dog who looked dead with parts missing from his legs and body.

"Ah. A damned soul. Finally. You will bear the weapon of destruction and the deceiver's garbs." He looked at the dead dog and the dog took action. He barked for awhile until he started to split in half until you could see his insides. I was irked to say the least.

Inside were clothes that were in pristine condition. It was a princely pure white royal outfit with red accents and a red long nosed mask that resembled plague doctors' masks back in the days of old Rome.

"Put it on."

I start to wear the princely outfit. I adjust the cuffs of the outfit and dust off. I like this outfit. I grab the mask from the dog's stomach and put it on. Perfect fit.

"You don't happen to have a mirror do you?" I ask sarcastically to the druid. He waves his hand to reveal a cloud of smoke. It reflected back at me and I smirked at the reflection. The outfit was clever.

The outfit consisted of a body-covering, black and purple striped outfit. In this form, I had several black belts strapped around my legs and arms. I also wore a dark enclosed knight helmet, similar to plate armor, with a deep crimson mask resembling a sharp beak.

"You are the deceiver. You are death's crow." I looked at him and went down on one knee.

"Your weapon." The weapon forms from the ground and the earth's dead roots unravel the weapon. It was a sword that was shiny. Like it was brand new. It looked like a shmbol of hope and goodness. The sword was double edged. There was no cross guard, instead it had two gears on top of one another vertically. The bottom gear connected with the handle and the handle itself was wrapped around in black and white paracord.

"Flip the sword to it's opposite side." He instructed. I did and the sword changed drastically. The sword looked better. It was still a double edged sword but it looked more rusted and demonic. It fit better with my whole motif.

"The sword has two abilities. The 'good' side of the sword can absorb energy and heal you and your future 'allies' while the evil side has the blade split into two and can reach enemies up to 30 meters." I stared at the sword and gripped it tight.

"I'll call the shiny side Twin Gears. The rusted side, Memento Mori." He slowly nodded. He slices the air with his hand and a dark portal opens up.

"You'll go through the portal shortly and you'll be transformed. Before you go, may I know your name?" I look at him and speak.

"Yusei. Yusei Kurusu."

"Yusei Kurusu." He puts his hands on my shoulders and looks at me and smiles demonically. I have the same smile. He takes his right hand off my shoulder and proceeds to pull out a knife. I nod.

As the knife plunged into my stomach, I began to fall to the ground. I hit the floor and he crouches down to me and begins to eat my body parts. Flesh from my body tears off my body and I start fading from existence and conciousness.

"We can now begin the process."

???

I wake up to a dark room and I see hooded figures around me, sitting on chairs that looked like belonged to kings. I stand to look around. They were all in black yet I was the only that was shining. The only one in white.

"Kurusu. Stance." I had no control over my actions. It's like I followed their command. I was now in my fighting stance with Twin Gears.

"Perfect. Send him now. He'll follow astoundingly"

"Hahahahahahaha! This'll be fun!"

A dark portal opens up beside me and I stare curiously. I turn to the hooded figure to question on what should I do.

"Hey. What am I supposed to do?" I asked the hooded man in the highest chair of all the other hooded people. He chuckles and says

"Kill. Go." A picture of a man in grey is shown in the picture they casted. "Find him and kill him. Go. Time is running out."

I jump inside the portal and go to wherever it is this guy is. Not knowing what this place might have in store for me.

NEW SERIES R&R :)