Chapter 1 - No Peace

One day, I am holding a bouquet full of red roses, the next a handful of ammo and a assault rifle in my other

One day, I am holding a bouquet full of red roses, the next a handful of ammo and a assault rifle in my other. I thought my life would stop being cruel or would bring peace. Turns out, it was a nightmare. It was so bad that I thought dying was the escape route to wake up from this horrifying dream that seemed way to real to actually be true. Pain made me realize, this was reality and not some kind of a dream I prayed to be.

Yells, battle cries, guns and bombs went off all around me, the thought of just me being here on my own made my blood go cold. My eyes stung because of the sand and smoke that still lingered within the air from near by grenades that kept being thrown and going off unexpectedly. My head was spinning, ears keep ringing, it was hard for me to tell if I were either prey or the predator.

When I was just a little girl, I wanted a perfect life, perfect husband and perfect children to raise. Turns out, life doesn't support the word 'perfect', therefore, 'in-perfect' became to exist instead. I know this because if it weren't for violence and 'In-perfect' humans, I wouldn't 't be stuck here in this war that is getting outta hand, even for me! Being a Sergeant wasn't an easy job since I had to be barking orders like a untamed dog who was aggressive towards anyone that is in contact with. To make it even more worse, our Major had been brutally killed by getting his head shot off his body; which means, that leaves me in charge of our team that is getting ravaged pretty quickly and I did not like that.

I sometimes personally wish that it was me who was laying g on the battle ground, no one would  miss me anyway. Papa left me when I was just a little girl, approximately around five or six years of age. Mama went in depression after papa left which made her not be stable to take care of me and given me to her mother, who was my grandmama. 

Grandmama lived in a cabin that was located about two or half an hour from the city, she was a nature person and really hated loud noises such as car horns being honked like crazy, the pollution in the air, no plants just sidewalks and man-made structures. 

I was only sixteen when grandmama passed away due to cancer. I had to dig a grave for her and give her my full love and respect as I buried her away from the horrible world. She didn't need to suffer any pain than she already experienced. I was glad she has gotten her freedom, but damn do I miss her dearly? Oh yes, yes I do. Even after all the harsh combat skills she had taught me and forced me to learn immediately.