Betrayal

The two boys venture into the dark foggy part of the wilderness, a soft plea for help from the tiny light emerging from one of two boys broken flashlights. Both had vanished from the grid for over three days, their supplies dwindling not having enough skill in the environment to know what to do.

Of course the creatures find this as some kind of survival game, their ignorance is what drew us to use them for our entertainment. A twist that can’t be missed is needed, one to excel their thoughts and terrify them should add a nice twist to this lick they call life.

A scream came from the silent, dark sheet of velvet night, both of the boys jump suddenly snapping their heads looking around for the source of the scream, more afraid at what terrifying thing could draw out a scream from something like that.

Humans are so easy to fool, their reactions are easy to draw out only a single scream, noise, or glass shattering can send their blood running cold.

The boys creep towards the light, their own flashlight flickering at the end of death as they both cling to each other telling themselves ‘It was probably just an animal being killed’, or other calming things like ‘this is probably a bad dream, maybe if I pinch myself I’ll wake up’

These creatures let the dark carry them away to their own dark, what they don’t realize is even the people you trust more can change and bring out their own dark sides.

Suddenly one of the boys froze, stopping in his tracks, the flashlight dropping landing on a rock as it shatters he pushes his friend off of his arm “Gross get off of me!” he growls standing over him with a dark glare. Reaching down picking up what the boy sprawled out on the ground thought as the flashlight soon finding out he was way wrong.

And they thought they were safe…...such fools no one can possibly be in a friendship, relationship or marriage with someone they so call ‘love’. Its gross and isn’t true they will soon crumble and fall apart like sugar cubes breaking in tea.

A dark smirk spread across his face stepping closer to him “You really believed me when I said WE were getting out of here alive?” he bursts out into laughter, chills running up the one boys spine as he shudders “Y-yes, w-what’s going on?” The boy with the rock launched at him pinning him to the ground. Screams were all you could hear from miles on end.

See, these humans are so easy to trick, even just being lost turns them into complete monsters!