Right Love at the Wrong Time

A story written by Lee Je Sang

<@LeeJeSang>

DJ Red

"Good evening to the people who fight alone for their love, to the people who sacrificed a lot and never been happy because of heart broken situation, and to all one sided lovers! Good evening to each and everyone of us!" I turned on the laughing effects as I finished my greetings.

"I'm DJ Red. Yeah! Red as love! So, let's start the night with hope and dreams to finally meet our one and trully love.

"Love and Get Me hotline will start at three... Two... One! Go get you're phones and dial our number. LAGM are now open..."

We don't have to play a single song just to wait for the first caller. Another night, another destiny to match. I actually enjoyed my job. We got high ratings and popularity of the radio show. I took a sip of my coffee to wake me up. It's one in the morning and I'm flattered that my listeners stayed up all night just to wait for LAGM.

"All right! For our first caller let's give him or her around of applause..." I turned the clapping effects next. As I enlighten up the atmosphere I talked to our first caller.

"Hi there?" I started.

"He...Hello." A strong and whole voice answered me. So I guess HE is the first caller. Just to make sure I asked again.

"Are you a miss or a mister?"

"M-Mister."

Looks like we have some chicken caller here. I turned on the laughing effects and cracked a joke.

"Don't be so serious man! C'mon no girls would like a chicken!" I added. I laughed in my own joke like it never happened to me. I heared him faked his laugh at least he tried.

"So, let's go straight to the topic, how can you describe your self? Just an advice man, be true enough. Love will find you no need to cover up." I added. He remained silent for a while. Not long enough to make the listeners bored.

"I-I guess I have no choice..."

"Yes you do. Go introduce your self don't be shy we can't see you anyway." I turned on the laughing effects and he laughed as well. That's good.

"I-I am 20 years old petite but I can fight for the woman that I loved. I am nerd but I can stop studying if she likes. I am out of style but I can change if she doesn't want a lame man for her life and most of all I can love her with all my heart no flaws just love." He answered.

I can imagine him smiling like a fool while saying those lame things. I smiled. I can see myself through him. I was in the same position as he when I was in college. Nerd, petite and a die hard fan of destiny. I know I look so gay back then. But I've changed for the better. Hoping one day I can see her again and she will feel the same feelings that I have. The only difference between I and this caller he tried to make the first move. While I remained here sitting and doing nothing for our progress. After graduating we stopped our communication. She doesn't have any idea how I feel towards her though.

"Oh, that's great. A great lover deserves a nice lover! What's your name friend?"

"B-Brian..."

I was suprised that we have the same name. Is this coincidence? I chuckled.

"Brian? No last name?"

"I think it's my right to keep it," His tone sounds casual like he doesn't want to offend someone so I chuckled.

"Absolutely." I smiled. Gerome, one of the staffs mouthed the second caller will but in.

"Are you ready to try for your destiny, Brian?" I asked. He cleared his throat as he said yes.

"So let's welcome our second caller. Probably a MISS... Good evening...?"

"Uhm... Hi?" My heart skipped a beat as I heared her angelic voice. So... Another good catch? At least a boy named Brian will have definitely a good story that will satisfy his longing for love unlike the man sitting here named Brian who had a tear jerker love story.

"Describe your self miss feel free." I said. She answered back as fast as I expected. I bet she's impulsive and never hold her thoughts... Just like...

"I'm 24, good looking as they say. Straight forward. And... And... I'm afraid of losing for the second time." Her words are full of emotions. I guess she'd suffered from love. Everybody does.

"Whoah, whoah hold your horses! I guess you two were destined to meet tonight... I will talk no more and you guys talk."

They were talking awkwardly at first but as time goes by the girl... Feels like she known the guy very well. They exchanged numbers off air and when they are finished I asked the most important thing.

"I forgot! What's your name miss?" I asked.

"Shane Adams, DJ Red."

And with that her line went dead. S-Shane?

I remembered her words to the guy.

"I loved secretly and to tell you honestly you got my attention because of your description. You think that's odd but it isn't. H-Honeslty, I fall for the person same as you back when I was in college we lost our communication without me telling how I feel... I regret that until now, but I guess the gates open itself just for us to meet."

 Again I missed my opportunity. I turned off the show and played a song. I can't speak, my mouth turned dry. My tears started to fall. I can't do anything. I'm the Cupid of my love and that's even worst.

 xoxo

Je Sang~

10:38 am

06-14-14