Chapter 1: The Mask of Deception

A year has passed since Master Wu was lost in time, a year and a half since Aria died. Cole's been acting normal. Lloyd didn't get it. Aria's Cole's cousin, how could he not be sad. Doesn't he care? Lloyd and Cole often fought now. One arguing about something stupid or about a mission plan.

Finally one day Cole had enough with their arguing and suddenly just shouted.

"Enough!" Everyone shut up and looked at him

"Stop acting like Aria's dead! She's not dead! She's a demon! She can't die unless someone stabs her eye!!!" Cole shouted and went into his room

"...Aria's alive" Lloyd said softly

"And Cole never told us" Zane said

"So then where is Aria?" Jay asked

"Cole might know, but let's not bother him right now" Nya suggested

They never did talk to Cole about it, Ninja were spread across Ninjago on active missions. Lloyd still in Ninjago city.

During a celebration in downtown , six masked members of the infiltrate and steal the Oni Mask of Vengeance. While leaving, they are confronted by Lloyd, who fights and overpowers most of them. However, manages to escape with the after a big chase in Lloyd's Ninja Nightcrawler, in the end Lloyd told P.I.X.A.L, it was time to get the crew back together.

Once the Ninja team gets back together, appears and tells the Ninja about the Oni Masks. The Ninja are then told that the Royal Palace is holding the . Hutchins fears the Sons of Garmadon will try to take the mask during a speech the will give tomorrow and asks the Ninja to help protect it, and the Ninja accept.

While they are guarding the palace outside during the 's speech, Lloyd notices . Someone sets off firecrackers, leading the Ninja to think the palace is being attacked, but it is a false alarm.

The Ninja are then invited by the princess to stay at the because may be targeted since they have one of the . The Ninja accept the invitation.

Hutchins takes the Ninja on a tour of the palace after they agree to protect the Royal Family. They meet the family who greet them in a kind manner before Harumi herself greets them, stating she was fans of all of them, even changing Nya's cynical attitude to a happy one.

They visit the royal buffet and Hutchins states that they have access to eat anything like assorted fruits, assorted vegetables, scones and cake. Jay then states that Cole "gave up sweets" due to the fact that Master Wu is gone.

Proceeding on the tour, Hutchins tells the Ninja there are many secret passages in the palace that only the Royal Family know. After hearing this, Kai starts pulling books off the shelves, trying to find one of the passages, but only succeeding in making a mess.

The Ninja are now lead into the main room where the Oni Mask of Deception is being held. Hutchins starts to explain about the mask, but while he is, Lloyd sneaks off to a room to find Harumi doing her makeup. Harumi notices Lloyd through her mirror and she quickly hides her face. Lloyd backs away awkwardly and rejoins the group.

During the night, all the Ninja are on guard. Kai and Nya are outside the castle when they notice Hutchins suspiciously walking away from the palace. He then notices them and walks back inside.

Jay, Cole and Zane are in the royal buffet room. Jay is trying to convince Cole to eat some cake but Cole refuses. Cole then proceeds to tell Zane what a "party pooper" is. Meanwhile, Lloyd looks at the Mask of Deception, but after calling out for Harumi, he notices she is missing.