Violent Passion

Dear H,

This was never meant to happen. You were never supposed to get hurt. I was never supposed to forget you.

If you find this, then I've done it. I quit. I told Guy last week. In the envelope are the keys to my flat, and everything in it. Do what you like with all the stuff. I don't care what happens to it. 

I wish I knew you before. It wouldn't be so hard and restricted. You would of seen me for who I really was. I hope you would of still loved me.

You can hate me as much as you want. You're allowed.

Love,

V

CHAPTER 1: 2 Years Before

"Violet! Violet what does it feel like to come third in the X Factor? Violet Wood what was your reaction to your single reaching Number 1?"

All these questions were being thrown at me as I dragged my bags from the contestant's house down the driveway. My tour manager Paul - as of yesterday - had his arm round me whilst pushing pairs of arms holding cameras bigger than both my boobs put together. I closed my eyes and jumped into the black SUV.

We began driving down the busy streets, the people melting into a blur. Paul was sitting next to me, handing me bunches of paper. "Today you meet the team who you will be on the road with for the X Factor Tour. Here are the songs you need to learn in two weeks."

I looked over the torrents of black words on white paper. I recognized some of the songs that I sung on the show; Viva La Vida, Kids in America. Though I don't remember ever singing Taylor Swift's "Back To December". As I was about to open my mouth to speak, Paul answered me.

"Simon added that to the list. He thought it would suit you since that's the month your birthday is in. Oh look, we're here."

We pulled up to a studio-like shed, in a almost desert-like street. As soon as I jumped out of the car, the vehicle seemed to vanish, and all that was left was Paul and I.

Paul led me into the studio filled with equipment like a PA System, a mirrored wall for dancing, a wooden floor, water bottles everywhere. I saw Rebecca standing there, singing whilst dancers flew around her. She winked at me before carrying on with her performance.

Paul and I had reached the back room, the wall lined with three people, one who had a child. "Violet, I would like you to meet some people. This is Lou and her daughter Lux. Lou will be your hairdresser and make up artist". We exchanged "Hi's" and hugged. "Hi there babe" a dark skinned woman said, with long dark hair. "This is Caroline, she will be your stylist" the both of us also exchanged greetings.

Finally, a man with a bandana and a brown curly mop of hair greeted me. "And this is your new security guard, Harry".

I couldn't move. I got these weird tingles. Harry just smiled and said "Nice to meet you, love".