Prologue

I got this idea from @lacoco but I'm planning on making it my own... It won't be uploaded as much as my other two books but if people like it then uploads will be quicker :). Please read the prologue and tell me what you think.

*********************************************************************************************************************

Prologue

After directing Jason to the captain’s cabin below deck as I didn’t want us to be seen by the other members of crew I gestured for him to sit down.  I broke the painful silence by saying;

“So, what are you going to do?” I asked him. I was really hoping that he wouldn’t reveal our secret because it would really jeopardise the chances of females ever being allowed to run pirate ships.

“I don’t know George-ia” He replied, with this my heart fell heavy. Deep down I knew it wouldn’t be easy to convince him but I thought, since we’ve developed a relationship he’d think differently about exposing our secret. “I can’t just keep it a secret” He sighed. With those words I wanted to break down in tears but I knew I couldn’t because it would just prove to him that women can’t be pirates because we’re not strong enough.

After that an uncomfortable silence enveloped us. I can’t believe that I was so stupid to let my guard down, now I’ve jeopardised all our chances of getting the treasure. Unless, well- I could kill him. But then that would make things worse I thought.

**

Then the door of the cabin was pushed open and one of my crew members flew in looking quite flustered.

“George, we have a problem” Paul said. What is it now I thought?

“Look I’m a bit busy at the moment” I snapped “Can’t you sort it out?” I made you co captain for a reason I thought, she’s meant to be smart but she’s as whiny as some of the others.

“But-” She began. But with the look I gave her she faltered and stopped whatever she was going to say.

“Sorry, I’ll go and sort it out” She said as she scurried away

“Jase” I said as I turned to look at him again “Please, please don’t give away our secret. I’ll do anything. I’ll even give you some of the treasure” I pleaded

“I don’t know OK, I just don’t know right now” He replied

**