Chapter One

The ritual chamber was dark, save for the small rays of light bursting through the cracks in the old and worn ceiling. Four hooded men stood on all four ends of the room, their footsteps silent as they walked. A humming emitted off of them as their powers, their very life essence, combined, slowly as they neared the crypt of their fallen ancient king. Each one placed a hand on the four corners of the iron tomb, that had rust and decayed with age. Then, as if made of one being, they chanted, deep and husky yet clear:

We are the wind that blows, slowly creeping in the light that shines but then grows dim, we give to you, what we always wanted to give, to serve and protect, so you can relive

They waited, as their ancestors before them had, then an unearthly rumble shuddered the ground and walls around them, yet their faces showed no concern, no fear as if they knew what to expect. Of course they did, they had known since the moment they had been chosen. Then silence. Complete and utter silence, not a whisper past their lips. The very few rays of light now gone but it mattered no more. They turned, their backs now facing the crypt, none faced each other, and none talked as they walked to the four far corners of the dusty and cracked chamber and disappeared amongst the shadows.

»

The sun shone through the canopy of the golden yellow and brown leaves that sat above the trees and caressed his glowing and lightly tanned skin. His ruffled black hair fell across his face as he lay in the swinging hammock perched between the lower level branches. He slowly opened his eyes to glimpse at his quiet and peaceful surroundings, a small ray of light flashed before his pristine blue eyes and set them blazing, helping the small black specks stand out. Sheer beauty. Beauty unknown to anyone else in his family. He sighed and jumped. Like a cat, he landed on his feet, a soft breeze now starting to pick up, kissing his face. The small satchel he carried fell down beside him, he turned to pick it up, opened the bag and pulled out a small water skin. He raised the water skin to his mouth and gulped down the ice cold water. Sweat gleamed on the side of his head, pooling, and dripped onto the leaf and twig filled undergrowth. He placed the water skin back inside the satchel, in the same movement, hung the bag on his shoulder then began his trek home

» .

He faced the once brown, decayed door and knocked twice. Another young man with cinnamon coloured hair and golden eyes that resembled honey, opened the door. "Oh. Jayrees, back so soon?" he crooned giving cheeky grin, displaying his white teeth. Jayrees looked the boy up and down before he spoke, "Yes, Hunter. Got a problem?" Jayrees sarcastically returned his grin before pushing past. Hunter howled with laughter that sent Jayrees hurling a fist at his face, Hunter as if sensing the move caught his fist. Now facing each other, Jayrees's nostrils flared with a fierce type of anger yet spoke with a cold, cool and cunning voice, "Leave while you can still walk," Hunter's eyes narrowed but he held his ground, "I suggest you wipe that insufferable grin off your face before I remove it for you." Jayrees watched the bob of Hunter's throat as he gulped and backed down. Jayrees turned, his back now facing Hunter, smiling as he walked into the kitchen. He pulled back a chair and sat down.

»

Jayrees's patience was wearing thin as Hunter kept constantly trying to piss him off. "Do you want me to knock you flat on the ground Hunter?" he grumbled. "Listen, I just want to know, where were you went yesterday," he said. "I don't think it concerns you," Jayrees replied, raising a brow. Hunter sighed, giving up. He slowly walked to the sink and continued to wash up. Jayrees looked up from the many stacks of paper and just to settle the unnerving silence he spoke, "If I tell you, will you leave me in peace?"

Hunter turned his head, now facing Jayrees's back. "Alright," he drawled, "I'll leave you in peace, I can't help if my curiosity is overwhelming, you know..."

Jayrees cocked his head, "I...I...." the words burned in his throat as he forced them out, "I went to the forest for a nap." For some reason, he felt embarrassed, sleeping the forest was something he would do with his father, and telling someone that, especially Hunter was something he never wanted to tell, but he would stop pestering him. Jayrees raised his brows as Hunter choked on a laugh, "What? Is that it?" he placed his hands on his knees as he bent over and continued laughing. "Carry on laughing Hunter, and let's see were that gets you..." his voice was promising violence yet was distant. "Is this a sensitive matter for you, Jayrees? Brought up memories of mommy and daddy?" He spat those words out with enough hatred that made Jayrees wonder about Hunter's past.

Jayrees stood up, bracing himself with the back of the chair and slowly walked to the sink, placing his bowl inside. For a while he did nothing but stare out through the small window. The light of the moon overpowered the many shining stars as he found himself lost within them. Shifting on his feet, he walked out of the kitchen and into the large living area. There, on the other side of the room, Hunter stood, staring out of the balcony. Looking as if he too was lost within the moon and stars and all in between. Jayrees cleared his throat, the words glued to his tongue, "Listen, Hunter... I know things are not always okay between us..." Oh god, he should just stop talking, "I just want you to know... If you want to talk about something- anything- you can talk to me.... if that's what you want..." Hunter snapped his head to the side as if noticing Jayrees, his eyes were filled with sadness and his face was stricken with grief mixed with hatred and rage. He walked to Jayrees, and faced him. "I don't want to talk about anything," his words sour and sharp, "especially not with you..." Hunter then shoved Jayrees out of the way and walked up the stairs. Slamming his bedroom door behind him. Jayrees sighed before finally sitting down in one of the armchairs, he admired the way the colors flowed into each other, the way the burgundy was hinted with accents of burnt gold, placing his head in his hands, trying to even out his breathing. He should never had tried to comfort Hunter but maybe some part of him wanted to. And maybe that same part of him wanted Hunter to be friend, even a brother because secretly, that was what he longed for, that's what he wanted.

A/N: I hope you enjoy this chapter. I'm sure my writing will get better. Don't forget to vote and leave comments. :) Thanks

Follow my instagram: @sammiexx_x