Prologue

*PROLOGUE*

Gunshots were heard through the thick brick walls. My heart nearly dropped out of my chest as the piercing noises came closer. I didn't know what was happening earlier when he pulled me into his dark room and I still couldn't put the pieces together when he dragged me further into his closet.

"Stay still", he whispered in an anxious way while he put his arms around me in a protective manner and just held me.

"W-What's goin-?", I asked with a trembling voice moving closer to the back of the cabinet, his arms still around me.

"Just trust me, okay? Don't move or speak", he hushed me.

I still couldn't figure out what the hell was happening but I decided to do as I was told. With each passing second and heart beat I could feel that after this time nothing could be the same as it was before. Even if I tried to suppress the fear he could see it in my eyes. His hands moved to cup my cheek as emerald green eyes looked into my blue one's. I could feel the tension shift in the small closet as someone stopped right in front of the door. I held my breath and clutched closer to his chest.

"Don't be afraid -." His words tried to ease my growing anxiety.

"I'm not!", I cut him off, "As long as I am with you I'm not!"

These were the last words spoken before the door knob turned and someone walked in.

This was it. Not even the hope and faith I had could save us from this situation. It felt like it was the end I have seen coming for a long time.