It's all for revenge

A/N: Please do not copy this story since I worked really hard on it. ^-^

Epilougue

I stared at myself in the mirror, the dim lamp above me flickering wildly. My clothes were painted with an array of red. My face was dirty and greased with clotted blood. None of it was my own. “How pitiful,” said my other self with a mocking tone “You couldn't even protect it… I mean him. But if you let me… I could help you take revenge. Just let me out, Lana. Let me come out.” The voice was no more than a whisper. But now I know. Because of my weakness. Because of my faults. Because of me. He died. “Because of me!” I yelled slamming my fist against the now broken mirror. Tyler I promise you. I will avenge you. I will. Avenge you. Even if it’s the last thing I do. “Goodbye, my old self.” I whispered with my bleeding hands on the cracked mirror.

Chapter 1

“You look like you just went through a break up or something.” Carly commented harshly on my new hairstyle. I ruffled my short dark brown hair with my hands. “It’s not that bad.” I protested pouting as Carly fiddled around with my hair. “I really don’t understand why you would want to cut your hair,” She put her hands on her hips “You aren’t still going to go on about this revenge plot thing are you?” She sighed with tiresome air. My fists were clenched. “He was just a human,” She said, as though he was merely a pet fish. “They don’t last as long as we do.” She added seeing my pained expression.  

She brushed her wavy blonde hair behind her pale ear and reached out for her tea cup. She took a liking to the Victorian or vintage, as they call it now, lifestyle. And it most definitely suits her. She is a very beautiful lady- and I knew that at first sight…

His black gloved hands dug into my scrawny shoulders. I stood in a rigid stance, the wound on my neck was stinging and pulsating as though it was a creature of its own. A blonde lady made her way down the manor corridor. The lady exchanged a couple of looks with Oscar. Oscar was a tall lean man with jet black hair and oval thin-rimmed glasses. Oscar worked for Charles, the vampire who turned me. It’s been one month since I’ve been bitten and one week since my awakening. I am a vampire now.

She touched the bottom of her check with her finger in an inquisitive manner and continued to stare at me. Finally she broke the silence. “Ugh.” Sighed the tall blonde woman “How come I always get to be the baby sitter.” She was wearing a faded coral dress with pearls and lace thrown into the extravagant complication. There was, however, an odd accessory she was wearing. A silver oval locket with green tinted vines wrapped around it. She looked like she belonged in the wrong era with her proud and graceful demeanour. Suddenly, she lunged in and gripped my chin and pulled me close to her eyes. Oscar crossed his arms and sighed.

Now that I looked closely at her. Her face was delicate, yet cold. Her hair was vivacious and glistened like the sun, yet it seemed so bland. Her skin was faultless and flawless, yet it seemed so weary. At first sight she could be mistaken as an angel, but the closer you got; you could see her. Her carefully constructed beauty was hiding something so old, cold and bitter.

She let go of my jaw and turned to Oscar. “She managed to survive the turning did she?” She asked Oscar. “I can see why.” A small smile rested on her face. Was that a compliment?

Carly was now sitting opposite me. “I was human too” I said before taking a sip myself. Carly reached out for her white lace gloves on the garden floor. A blood-curdling scream slipped out of her as a small ray of sunlight touched her arm. A murky black spot stained her milky-white hands. The veins around it changed into a dark maroon colour. “Crap,” She muttered while observing the severity of her wound. I passed her a handkerchief.