Never Got To Say "I Love You"

We started as friends and ended forgetting each other. We hung out non-stop. Knowing that I liked you from the very start. I wanted to tell you so badly but hey it would be so awkward when you don’t feel the same way.

Every day I wonder what it would be like to have you for myself. So many questions filled my head. Wanting to know why I feel like this for you. There is just something about you that made me fall for you, hard. Maybe because your eyes sparkle all the time or maybe because your sophisticated smile made me melt inside. When we hangout which was like all the time, you never stop to amaze me with what you can do.

We do almost everything together but then this girl came and took you away from me. I tried calling and texting you but you never answered back on any of them. You don’t come to my house anymore. You just spend all your time with her. I never wanted to think of this but you forgot about me. It hurt, a lot.

Every day I see you at school talking to her, flirting with her and laughing with her, it makes me miss you more so badly. I went to class early that day to avoid seeing you with her. I try to smile but it faded as fast as it started.

When I got home that day all I could think about is our memories together. I never wanted to end our friendship. But you ended It first. I went to my room and started to cry my eyes out. When I stopped I stood up and walked to my desk which has a lot of pictures of me and you. I threw all of them away and burned them. It hurt to see those pictures we had back then so I had to do it.

My mom told me we had to move. I was actually happy we were gonna move because I couldn’t bear to see you every day with her.

It was my last day in school here. And the principal made an announcement that made you realized that I was actually there. The bell rang and it was my last moment in this school. I was about to leave when someone grabbed my arm and pulled me back. When I turned around I saw you. My eyes were starting to tear up. I tried to run but you got me before I could. You said sorry for all that you did. But I could see it in your eyes that you aren’t really sincere. By the time he was saying the last sorry I was literally sobbing. Hot tears were falling down my cheeks.

You tried to hug me but I moved back so that you couldn’t. You looked shock when I did it. I told you that you’ve changed a lot from before and you’re not that best friend I knew. I told you that you definitely become a jerk.

And I left you there, standing with your jaw hanging open. I wanted you to feel what I felt when you made me invisible. I wanted you to know how sad and lonely I felt when you ignored me. I wanted to tell you I loved you but it will make things worse than it already is.

I ran to my house to see the moving trucks on my driveway. I went inside my house and in to my room to take a shower and change my clothes. When I was done, we left. I looked back one last time and felt hot tears falling down my cheeks. I thought you would start chasing me but you never did. By this time I’d be at the airport boarding my flight. I know that you would still be happy without me.

When the flight attendant was about to look at our ticket someone grabbed my arm. I looked back, you were standing there, crying. I started to cry as well. I asked you why you were here. You said you couldn’t live without me. But then why’d you make me invisible when you were with her? You could not find the words to say. That’s what I thought. I slapped you before I left.

I sat down to my seat crying my eyes out. I grabbed my wallet and looked at a picture of the 2 of us when we were 13. We were happy back then. When I got the nerve to stop crying I looked out the window of the plane and thought very deep. The only thing in my mind is that I never got to say I loved you.