Chapter 1

"What is love?", The philosophy teacher asked enthusiastically. "Yes, Miss Pepple." She signaled at the happy giggling girl raising a finger.

"Love is willing to sacrifice for the happiness of others." Hope answered. She loved her philosophy class, she loved her teachers, she loved her school, she loved her friends. Oh! She just loved everything, she thought. How could she not?

"...and not selfish, and not spiteful. Now love is beautiful, isn't it?". Hope heard the teacher continue as she drifted back to class.

"Yes.", the class replied in unison.

"One day, you will all grow up to be bright and wonderful men and women and you'll all have different roles to play in the world." Mrs Carson was the philosophy teacher for Elite High School and more importantly, the school counselor and Hope's favourite teacher.

"If you make a mark, make a positive one." She concluded. She always made the students feel great. Mrs Carson was one of those people who looked at the world and wished her words could wipe away it's tears. Still she was determined to inspire courage and goodness in her students. Perhaps, one day they'll have a say in world affairs, she thought hopefully.

"For your homework, write down 5 definitions of love in simple words." She said, as she prepared to leave the class.

"Bye Mrs Carson. Do have a great day." Hope shouted cheerfully as usual.

"And you too Hope." That one had a lot of potential in her, Mrs Carson thought. Hope Pepple was the smartest girl in her class, as well as the most playful. Mrs Carson smiled as she couldn't help comparing her to a happy grasshopper.