New Student

Kiana

Half the day down, now to the second half. Not that I don't love my first job but I really love my second job. I have always had 2 dream jobs and when I started college I couldn't decide which to major in so I decided to do both. I have loved photography since I was 7, but I fell in love with dancing when I was 12. I put my prized Nikon d5100 in its case and put it in my bag.

"Omari! I'm leaving!" I yelled at my boss. Omari stepped out of his office and smiled at me. "See ya later Kiana. I'll pick you up around 8?" "Yea. Sounds cool. Where are we going?" "It's a surprise" Omari said as he winked at me. I blushed and replied, "you so crazy. I'll see you later" "Bye beautiful" Omari said as he stepped back in his office.

I stepped out of the photograph studio into the cool, crisp September air. Yea me and my boss are kind of dating. I mean he is kinda cute and he just would't give up on asking me on a date. So me being the considerate person I am, I gave him a chance.

Before heading to the second half of my day i decided to head to The Coffee Scene and get me a cup of coffee. One of the things I like about living in New York City. Haven't lived here all my life, but I love it so far.

Lemme tell you a little about myself. My name is Kiana Ray. I'm 19 years old and I work as a part time photographer and a part time choreographer. I as said earlier I love photography, but dancing is my passion. I graduated from Juilliard with my undergrad for photography and dancing. I'm starting for my Masters for dancing in a few weeks.

I crossed the street and headed into The Coffee Scene. "Hey Kiana!!!" I saw my friend Katiana standing at her place behind the register. "Wassup girl?", I asked. "Nothing much. Want your usual?" "Please?" "I got you." My phone vibrated and I looked down to see a text from Omari. "Hey babe. Can't wait to see you tonight. XOXO" I guess I blushed because the next thing I heard was, "girl who got you blushing like that?" I looked up and saw Katiana holding my drink and smirking. "oh nobody..." "suuuure. Here's your drink chica." I took my drink and paid her.

I looked at the time on my G-Shock and saw I had 20 minutes to get to the studio and set up for my class. "Aye girl, I gotta go. I'll text you later" "Aight boo. Ttly!" "See ya!!" I shouted as I ran out the door heading down the street.

I got the studio with about 10 minutes to spare. I changed into my sweats and loose shirt. I was about to do my pre-stretches when my boss Aiden walked in. "Hey Kiana. You got a new student in your class. You good with that?" "Yea. What's they name?" "Craig Crippen. He a pretty good dancer. Have fun with em." He said as he walked out the door.

A few minutes later some of my students started to walk through the door. I saw just about all of my students here, so i decided to start warming them up for todays dance. I was about to explain what dance we were about to do, when a voice interrupted me. "Excuse me? Is this Ms. Ray's class?" I turned to answer the voice when I was met with the most beautiful pair of brown eyes. "I'm Craig Crippen. I was told to come to Ms. Ray's class."

Sorry it's short. Hope you liked it!